Skip to content
New issue

Have a question about this project? Sign up for a free GitHub account to open an issue and contact its maintainers and the community.

By clicking “Sign up for GitHub”, you agree to our terms of service and privacy statement. We’ll occasionally send you account related emails.

Already on GitHub? Sign in to your account

The foundation of the link that still doesnt work with NVDA. #3765

Closed
nvaccessAuto opened this issue Jan 10, 2014 · 5 comments
Closed

The foundation of the link that still doesnt work with NVDA. #3765

nvaccessAuto opened this issue Jan 10, 2014 · 5 comments

Comments

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link

Reported by Slava on 2014-01-10 12:36
Hello there!

I came into troubless during the process of my post-gradual studies and I was recomended to report it here. I am pleased with the way NVDA improves almost day by day, especially when it comes to object navigation and accesibility of web browsing. However, as part of the lingvistic section of our studies, we were asked to sumarize something from this website:
http://www.rastko.rs/filologija/stil/index.html

In this point I found out the website is almost inaccesible with NVDA (home ppage in particular, after getting further it probably works properly) while with Jaws accesibility is much better, but even here I find it quite confusing what it actually depends on, as the website is not always viewed properly. However, my technical skills are pretty poor, so I dont feel capable for more detail analysis, just I came in touch with this and I find it kind of crucial for certain group of users.

So thanks for reading and also for the job you have been doing for us for so many years.
Slavomira Matlova
P.s. I am still using windows xp, but I tried the same thing with windows7, seemed to be the same.

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link
Author

Comment 1 by briang1 on 2014-01-10 17:54
This is flash again by the looks of it. What I hear is a lot of chat about what the web site does and is for, then a whole list of buttons with no labels. I've seen this sort of thing quite recently when attampting to listen to audio on UK council web sites. They all claim it works with Jaws so must be OK, well it certainly is somewhat lacking in nvda. Howeve see the next ticket for a suggestion.
Personally I do not see the point in web sites using flash when its not required for its core users, its just playing games for the sake of it.
I cannot put the url of the council site as I'm in the wrong place to get at it. If anyone thinks it useful I'll get it later on.

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link
Author

Comment 2 by jteh on 2014-01-13 01:41
Please provide specific details about the problems you encountered using this website with NVDA that you did not encounter with other screen readers, including the steps you took, what you expected to occur and what occurred instead.

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link
Author

Comment 3 by driemer.riemer@... on 2014-01-13 04:35
It appears to be totally flash or some other software. Why these developers can't use the 4 letter acronym called html rather than flash is still a myth but one way to try and use this site would be to use jaws button labeler feature. NVDA won't be good with this one. I am willing to help you learn Howe to use the button labeler feature if you need but you will need sighted assistance. You can get some degree of accessibility by pressing enter when the page loads. it will say embeded object maybe. That will probably still render content.

@bhavyashah
Copy link

Since the original author of this ticket is now out-of-reach, unfortunately did not respond to @jcsteh's #3765 (comment), and with the demise of Flash (which @Brian1Gaff and @derekriemer believe the provided test case uses), I suggest closing. @ehollig

@Brian1Gaff
Copy link

Brian1Gaff commented Aug 15, 2017 via email

Sign up for free to join this conversation on GitHub. Already have an account? Sign in to comment
Projects
None yet
Development

No branches or pull requests

4 participants