Skip to content
New issue

Have a question about this project? Sign up for a free GitHub account to open an issue and contact its maintainers and the community.

By clicking “Sign up for GitHub”, you agree to our terms of service and privacy statement. We’ll occasionally send you account related emails.

Already on GitHub? Sign in to your account

Speech Viewer: Indicate when an utterance would interrupt the previous utterance #3772

Open
nvaccessAuto opened this issue Jan 13, 2014 · 2 comments

Comments

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link

Reported by jteh on 2014-01-13 02:53
For sighted users who aren't using audible speech, it would be useful in some cases to know when one utterance might interrupt the previous utterance. This could be indicated with a blank line.

Indication of interruption would also be useful in the input/output log.

@LeonarddeR
Copy link
Collaborator

I think this relies on #4877

@jcsteh
Copy link
Contributor

jcsteh commented Jul 5, 2017

When I filed this, I wasn't imagining this would actually check whether speech was still speaking, just that it would show an indicator whenever speech was cancelled. So, even if speech had finished and you pressed a key, you would see the indicator. That is still partially useful when looking in realtime because you could see that an alert interrupted speaking of other content, for example. However, it would result in a lot of indicators. The question si whether this would be more annoying than useful.

Even if we could determine whether speech had finished, I'm not sure this would be useful. People using speech viewer might well have speech disabled, in which case there's no such thing as speech "finishing"; it just finishes immediately.

Sign up for free to join this conversation on GitHub. Already have an account? Sign in to comment
Projects
None yet
Development

No branches or pull requests

3 participants