Skip to content
New issue

Have a question about this project? Sign up for a free GitHub account to open an issue and contact its maintainers and the community.

By clicking “Sign up for GitHub”, you agree to our terms of service and privacy statement. We’ll occasionally send you account related emails.

Already on GitHub? Sign in to your account

Make the can not install addon dialog translatable #3774

Closed
nvaccessAuto opened this issue Jan 13, 2014 · 6 comments
Closed

Make the can not install addon dialog translatable #3774

nvaccessAuto opened this issue Jan 13, 2014 · 6 comments
Assignees
Labels
component/i18n existing localisations or internationalisation enhancement
Milestone

Comments

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link

Reported by ondrosik on 2014-01-13 13:39
When you open a nvda-addon package dyrectly from windows and NVDA is not running, user gets the following error:
Cannot install NVDA add-on from G:\Downloads\StationPlaylist-1.0-dev-20131231.nvda-addon.
You must be running NVDA to be able to install add-ons.
Would it be possible to make it translatable, so we can translate it? I see a technical issue here because if NVDA is not running, languages are probably not loaded, something like "Please wait" during installation but maybe in this situation this should be corrected somehow.

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link
Author

Comment 1 by jteh on 2014-01-13 23:14
It's already marked as translatable. However, it's probably not being included in the gettext pot file because it's in nvda_slave.pyw, not in a .py file.

Mesar, do you use our scons generated pot or do you make your own? I can fix scons pot to include this string, but that won't help if you're generating your own.

Note that even once this is fixed, it will always be displayed in the Windows language, not the configured NVDA language, because we don't want to load NVDA configuration outside of NVDA itself.

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link
Author

Comment 2 by jteh on 2014-01-13 23:15
Changes:
Milestone changed from None to next

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link
Author

Comment 3 by ondrosik on 2014-01-14 07:30
Well, user locale is better than nothing. In my opinion. there are people here who use English locale but it is supposed that they know English so enough to understand what's going on. Thanks for investigation.

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link
Author

Comment 4 by MHameed on 2014-01-20 12:02
Sorry for the delay, Yes the nvaccess generated pot file is being used.
@jamie, at the moment really busy, so would be grateful if you had a moment to address this in the scons.

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link
Author

Comment 5 by jteh on 2014-01-20 12:14
Changes:
Milestone changed from next to 2014.1

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link
Author

Comment 6 by James Teh <jamie@... on 2014-01-20 22:42
In [e77f12c]:

Include the message displayed when an error occurs after opening an add-on outside of NVDA in .pot files so it can be translated.

The message was already marked as translatable, but it's in nvda_slave.pyw and .pyw files weren't being processed by xgettext.
Fixes #3774.

Changes:
State: closed

@nvaccessAuto nvaccessAuto added enhancement component/i18n existing localisations or internationalisation labels Nov 10, 2015
@nvaccessAuto nvaccessAuto added this to the 2014.1 milestone Nov 10, 2015
Sign up for free to join this conversation on GitHub. Already have an account? Sign in to comment
Labels
component/i18n existing localisations or internationalisation enhancement
Projects
None yet
Development

No branches or pull requests

2 participants