Skip to content
New issue

Have a question about this project? Sign up for a free GitHub account to open an issue and contact its maintainers and the community.

By clicking “Sign up for GitHub”, you agree to our terms of service and privacy statement. We’ll occasionally send you account related emails.

Already on GitHub? Sign in to your account

Add graphics dimensions to NVDA+f formatting information #3822

Open
nvaccessAuto opened this issue Jan 27, 2014 · 3 comments
Open

Add graphics dimensions to NVDA+f formatting information #3822

nvaccessAuto opened this issue Jan 27, 2014 · 3 comments

Comments

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link

Reported by aleskis on 2014-01-27 18:36
For a better comprehension of layout, it is useful when meeting an inserted graphic, that NVDA specify the wide and high of it.

@LeonarddeR
Copy link
Collaborator

Hmm, I think it can be useful to have this information reported when getting formatting information for a graphic. This shouldn't be office specific though.

@LeonarddeR LeonarddeR changed the title Office Word improvement: when meeting embeded graphic, annouce his dimensions. Add graphics dimensions to NVDA+f formatting information Jul 17, 2017
@jcsteh
Copy link
Contributor

jcsteh commented Jul 18, 2017

I think this might be better as part of report location (NVDA+numDelete). Note that the implementation will be different for Word and browsers.

@jcsteh jcsteh added the feature label Jul 18, 2017
@bhavyashah
Copy link

I think the dimensions of a graphic, i.e. its height and width, are attributes inherent to the graphic independent of where it is placed on the screen, i.e. its location. Hence, I think NVDA+F is where this information should be added rather than NVDA+Delete. Also, what if the shape of the graphic is non-rectangular? How would we calculate some width or height for, say, a circular image? Anyways, those are UX questions that can be discussed more when this feature is actually being worked on, I guess.

Sign up for free to join this conversation on GitHub. Already have an account? Sign in to comment
Projects
None yet
Development

No branches or pull requests

4 participants