Skip to content
New issue

Have a question about this project? Sign up for a free GitHub account to open an issue and contact its maintainers and the community.

By clicking “Sign up for GitHub”, you agree to our terms of service and privacy statement. We’ll occasionally send you account related emails.

Already on GitHub? Sign in to your account

Is NVDA Compatible with Rational Quality Manager? #3824

Closed
nvaccessAuto opened this issue Jan 27, 2014 · 4 comments
Closed

Is NVDA Compatible with Rational Quality Manager? #3824

nvaccessAuto opened this issue Jan 27, 2014 · 4 comments

Comments

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link

Reported by waldorfpc on 2014-01-27 22:07
Hello:

This is Reina again, and I am here to trouble you with a question and a problem. At my workplace, we are using Rational Quality Manager Version 4.2 to run test scripts. I am wondering if anyone has used this with NVDA. If so, what was your success. If not, is there a way that NVDA can be made compatible with Rational Quality Manager to help blind people in the IT field? If NVDA is not yet compatible with Rational quality Manager and the developers in the community wish to make it compatible, you can download a trial copy from the IBM website for testing purposes.

When I use Rational Quality Manager, I am using it in IE8. I can do everything accept access one of the drop down menus that contains the option to run a test case/script. I will be upgrading to IE9 to see if this makes a difference.

Pleaselet me know. Thanks so much and take care.

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link
Author

Comment 1 by jteh on 2014-01-27 22:35
I assume you're asking whether others have had any success with the dropdown, since you say you're able to do everything else? Does the content of the dropdown perhaps appear at the bottom of the document? This is an unfortunate but common annoyance with dropdowns/popups.

Have you considered requesting that IBM make this more accessible? That way, it would benefit all screen reader users.

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link
Author

Comment 2 by waldorfpc on 2014-01-28 16:06
Hi:

checking at the bottom of the document for a popup was the very first thing I did, since I know that drop down menus can behave in this fashion. I did have good experience with using RQM with Jaws, as I could do everything. However, I cannot use Jaws because Jaws will not work on our VDIs. I use NVDA on the VDI (VDI in this case, VDI is Virtual Desktop Instance.). We use the VDIs for testing and development purposes.

I am sorry if I did not make my question clear, so I will try to provide some clarification here.

1. Has anyone successfully used NVDA with Rational Quality Manager? If so, what were your experiences?
  2. Is NVDA even compatible with Rational Quality Manager and other Rational tools?
  3. If NVDA is not compatible, can it be made compatible in the very near future? This is why I offered the suggestion of downloading a trial copy of the tool for testing purposes.

I hope this helps, and I hope this can be resolved in some way.

P.S. I am going to try running NVDA and Rational Quality Manager in Firefox today to see what happens. I will report back with my results for the benefit of others who may find themselves in this situation.

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link
Author

Comment 3 by jteh on 2014-01-28 21:59
So RQM is entirely web based. Is this correct? If so and you were able to achieve everything using another screen reader, you should be able to achieve the same with NVDA, as NVDA's web support is pretty complete. That said, NVDA's support for Firefox is currently notably better than its support for IE in some areas.

@ehollig
Copy link
Collaborator

ehollig commented Aug 12, 2017

Closing because the original poster did not answer @jcsteh's questions in #3824 (comment). Also, the original posted did not report back trying this in the latest Firefox. If there is still request for this, or parts do not function as expected, please list specific things that are not working in a new issue.

@ehollig ehollig closed this as completed Aug 12, 2017
Sign up for free to join this conversation on GitHub. Already have an account? Sign in to comment
Projects
None yet
Development

No branches or pull requests

2 participants