Skip to content
New issue

Have a question about this project? Sign up for a free GitHub account to open an issue and contact its maintainers and the community.

By clicking “Sign up for GitHub”, you agree to our terms of service and privacy statement. We’ll occasionally send you account related emails.

Already on GitHub? Sign in to your account

Touch screen support behaves incorrectly on Windows 8.1 logon screen #3903

Closed
nvaccessAuto opened this issue Feb 20, 2014 · 8 comments
Closed

Comments

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link

Reported by k_kolev1985 on 2014-02-20 11:45
I've noticed today on my ASUS T100 tablet that NVDA's touch screen support behaves strangely. On the logon screen (where I input my PIN), sometimes it does not work at all, sometimes it reports the things under my finger, but activating them is not possible (at least I couldn't activate the input field). Sometimes however, it behaves correctly - it's random. NVDA does not give any error sounds. The tablet runs Windows 8.1 32-bit, all updates installed. I'm running there the latest NVDA snapshot: next-10380,9ee9b11. With NVDA 2013.3 I did not experience such problems.

@LeonarddeR
Copy link
Collaborator

@k-kolev1985: Is this still relevant to you?

@k-kolev1985
Copy link

@LeonarddeR Yes, it seams still to occur in Windows 10 v1607. Creators Update hasn't yet arrived on this machine automatically and I haven't updated to it manually. But I've noticed that if I restart the machine (which forces it to do a cold boot instead of a fast startup), it behaves as expected in regards to touch interaction between NVDA and Windows.

@Adriani90
Copy link
Collaborator

@k-kolev1985 I guess this issue is still reproducible. Right?
@josephsl your thoughts are very appreciated. Thanks.

@k-kolev1985
Copy link

@Adriani90 I rarely use my touch screen computer these days, since I'm mainly on my desktop PC or on my phone. 🙂

However, I've tried to login into my touch screen computer (which is now running Windows 10 version 1809) now and here is what I've found.

1. I was able to activate most of the controls on the logon screen, except for the edit field for entering my PIN.
  2. I was able to invoke the touch screen keyboard for entering my PIN when I double tapped not in the edit field for the PIN, but by double tapping outside it in an empty spot of the logon screen.
    So, in conclusion, the issue with the edit field for the PIN may be a problem in Windows itself and not in NVDA. If anyone else can test this to confirm my observations it would be good.

P.S.: But after a restart, even double tapping outside the PIN edit field did not bring up the touch screen keyboard.

@Adriani90
Copy link
Collaborator

@k-kolev1985 any chance to test this with Windows 10 last update or Windows 11?

@k-kolev1985
Copy link

@Adriani90 If I don't forget, I can test it with Windows 10 latest update in the next days. Can't test it with Windows 11 - the machine is not compatible with it.

@k-kolev1985
Copy link

@Adriani90 As far as I could test it, now it works acceptably well. I suggest that we close this issue.

@Adriani90
Copy link
Collaborator

Thanks very much for testing. Closing as works for me.

Sign up for free to join this conversation on GitHub. Already have an account? Sign in to comment
Projects
None yet
Development

No branches or pull requests

6 participants