Skip to content
New issue

Have a question about this project? Sign up for a free GitHub account to open an issue and contact its maintainers and the community.

By clicking “Sign up for GitHub”, you agree to our terms of service and privacy statement. We’ll occasionally send you account related emails.

Already on GitHub? Sign in to your account

cannot read first search result on windows 8 start screen! #3914

Closed
nvaccessAuto opened this issue Feb 22, 2014 · 4 comments
Closed

cannot read first search result on windows 8 start screen! #3914

nvaccessAuto opened this issue Feb 22, 2014 · 4 comments

Comments

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link

Reported by aslani.ali on 2014-02-22 09:01
I have windows 8 installed with 3 imput languages installed. when start key on keyboard is pressed, I begin to type in, but no result is reported by NVDA.

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link
Author

Comment 1 by jteh on 2014-02-22 09:09
Did this work in NVDA 2013.3 or has it never worked? It does work with Widnows 8.1, but Start Menu search in Windows 8 is a bit different, including being quite a bit more awkward. I assume this works correctly with narrator?

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link
Author

Comment 2 by aslani.ali (in reply to comment 1) on 2014-02-22 09:16
1- this issue has not been tested for NVDA Ver. 2013.3 by myself.
2- when pressing start key, the system cursor sits on the first item of start screen. when you begin typing, the cursor is automatically located in the editable area. each char is pressed and any change event occurred on that area will cause the result of search to be changed. then if you press first three chars of an item, NVDA does not report the first found item. if you change the cursor position by pressin down arrow, you will see the results. but it is required the first item to be reported because user desides to continue typing or not.

@bhavyashah
Copy link

@jcsteh seems to state as a fact that this issue is specific to Windows 8 in #3914 (comment). If this is indeed the case, Windows 8 has been superceded by Windows 8.1, and thus, I suggest closing. @ehollig

@ehollig
Copy link
Collaborator

ehollig commented Aug 16, 2017

Closing, as this sounds to be Windows 8 specific, and @jcsteh says in #3914 (comment) that this works properly in Windows 8.1.

Sign up for free to join this conversation on GitHub. Already have an account? Sign in to comment
Projects
None yet
Development

No branches or pull requests

3 participants