Skip to content
New issue

Have a question about this project? Sign up for a free GitHub account to open an issue and contact its maintainers and the community.

By clicking “Sign up for GitHub”, you agree to our terms of service and privacy statement. We’ll occasionally send you account related emails.

Already on GitHub? Sign in to your account

Support for navigating day view in Outlook Calendar #3934

Closed
nvaccessAuto opened this issue Feb 27, 2014 · 8 comments
Closed

Support for navigating day view in Outlook Calendar #3934

nvaccessAuto opened this issue Feb 27, 2014 · 8 comments

Comments

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link

Reported by winman3000 on 2014-02-27 21:06
Lot of People using Outlook and the Outlook Calendar. With NVDA, it is not possible to use the calendar. It would be nice to have Support for the calendar.
Blocked by #2943

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link
Author

Comment 1 by nvdakor on 2014-03-01 09:33
Hello,
Could you be specific as to what features should be supported?

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link
Author

Comment 2 by winman3000 on 2014-03-04 20:29
If you go trough the Days with RIGHT and LEFT ARROW, NVDA is speaking to much Information, but not if an appointment or Event is available on this day.

NVDA should say for example:
24.03.2014, 1 appointment.
Or
24.03.2014, 1 fulltime Event.

Sorry, the Dates are in German Format, I currently don't know how to write it in english Format.

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link
Author

Comment 3 by nvdakor on 2014-04-18 23:05
Hi,
Confirmed. Since we have numerous tickets regarding Outlook Calendar, I guess we'll treat this ticket as the base ticket for implementing others. Also, the scope is quite broad (in a way), so I guess we need help from at least two programmers over the next few weeks (Jamie and Mick, could you help me and others on this and other Calendar issues so you can review it for 2014.3?).

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link
Author

Comment 4 by nvdakor on 2014-04-22 02:47
Hi,
Preliminary investigation shows we need to do something serious in Outlook app module:

• The reason why calendar's day view acts like Inbox list view might be that both have same window properties (control ID, class name, etc.), so there must be something which differentiates this and Inbox list view (which is what I'm trying to find). Once we have something that'sdifferent, we need to modify event_NVDAObject_init in the app module to do something with Calendar.
  • Is there something in the Calendar which can tell us if we have appointments for the given day? If yes and if it can be used from other views such as month view, let's use it.
    Narrowing the scope of this issue to supporting navigation in calendar's date view for now (unless if you'd like to see other improvements in Calendar). Thanks.
    Changes:
    Changed title from "Support for Outlook Calendar" to "Support for navigating day view in Outlook Calendar"

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link
Author

Comment 5 by nvdakor on 2014-04-22 03:57
Hi,
Initial fix for review:

• Branch: t3934
  • Commit ID: b2e2d23
    This fix allows users to hear the focused time slot when moving around Calendar's day view. However, when moving to next or previous date with left/right arrows, NvDA still announces supergrid header, which is quite anoying.
    To our original poseter: is this the fix you want?
    Thanks.

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link
Author

Comment 6 by nvdakor on 2014-04-22 04:31
Hi,
Please try the following try build:
http://community.nvda-project.org/try/t3934/nvda_snapshot_try-t3934-9990,b2e2d23.exe
This fixes an issue in Outlook versions prior to 2013 where if you move between time slots in Calendar, NVDA would not announce the new time slot. However, if you move to next or previous day, NVDA still announces table header for appointments/tasks. In Outlook 2013's Calendar, NVDA does announce time slots as you arrow between them. Thanks.

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link
Author

Comment 7 by nvdakor on 2014-04-22 04:46
Hi all,
Oops - my sincere apologies... I have worked on a separate issue than the one which was asked - the original poster asked the same feature request as in #2942. So sorry about that.

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link
Author

Comment 8 by nvdakor on 2014-05-30 03:37
Hi,
Now that this issue might have been solved in #2943 in next branch, I'd like to close this as duplicate of 2943 so we can discuss this problem over there.
To the original poster: please try the next snapshots and test if NVDA reads calendar day view items including time slots. Thanks.

Changes:
Added labels: duplicate
State: closed

Sign up for free to join this conversation on GitHub. Already have an account? Sign in to comment
Projects
None yet
Development

No branches or pull requests

1 participant