Skip to content
New issue

Have a question about this project? Sign up for a free GitHub account to open an issue and contact its maintainers and the community.

By clicking “Sign up for GitHub”, you agree to our terms of service and privacy statement. We’ll occasionally send you account related emails.

Already on GitHub? Sign in to your account

Add new hotkeys to control volumes of the kinds of the applications. #3985

Closed
nvaccessAuto opened this issue Mar 16, 2014 · 4 comments
Closed

Comments

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link

Reported by vgjh2005 on 2014-03-16 01:44
You can change the volume of the any applications in Windows 7 above. However, we will often need to adjust the volume of them. Sometimes, we want to listen the music, sometimes we want to use NVDA to control the other applications or decrease the volume for those applications that is too loud so on. It is very useful that offer a group hotkey to change them realtime.
Thanks!

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link
Author

Comment 1 by briang1 on 2014-03-16 08:47
Yes some web sites seem to start playing music before anything has been read. Many seem to not have an obvious shut up the music control that I can find. Now although I do understand that this is a page authoring issue, it would be really nice to be able to somehow affect the mixing of the sounds from the web site and the screenreader, so one can hear the later. I suspect, however thatthis may well call for a stand alone program for windows, something similar to. those you can get for xp. Maybe in fact what we need to do is have a couple of parameters where silent for the browser is efault and sound on selectable. I therefore doubt that this ticket is really in scope for an nvda feature.

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link
Author

Comment 2 by vgjh2005 on 2014-04-19 09:59
There is a group of the hotkeys about this I found.
The hotkeys are below:
control+windows+alt+numpad8: decrease the value of current selected volume.
control+windows+alt+numpad2: increase the value of current selected volume.
control+windows+alt+numpad1 and numpad3: select input volume item.
control+windows+alt+numpad4 and numpad6: select output volume item.
control+windows+alt+numpad7 and numpad9: select volume of the opening window item.
control+windows+alt+numpad5: mute or not the selected item.
control+windows+alt+numpadDel:toggle to the volume item of the current window. This is very useful sometimes.
I hope to have more function about this on NVDA.
Thanks!!

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link
Author

Comment 3 by vgjh2005 on 2014-11-04 08:10
Hi:
It's APIs document:http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms678715.aspx?ppud=4
Thanks!

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link
Author

Comment 4 by jteh on 2014-12-02 02:54
I agree that there is scope for having a screen reader lower the volume of other applications. However, I think Windows 8's audio ducking support (#3830) is the better way to do this, since it doesn't permanently affect volumes and can be easily toggled.
Changes:
Added labels: wontfix
State: closed

Sign up for free to join this conversation on GitHub. Already have an account? Sign in to comment
Projects
None yet
Development

No branches or pull requests

2 participants