Skip to content
New issue

Have a question about this project? Sign up for a free GitHub account to open an issue and contact its maintainers and the community.

By clicking “Sign up for GitHub”, you agree to our terms of service and privacy statement. We’ll occasionally send you account related emails.

Already on GitHub? Sign in to your account

Add number of the kinds of controls in logical order. #3988

Closed
nvaccessAuto opened this issue Mar 17, 2014 · 5 comments
Closed

Add number of the kinds of controls in logical order. #3988

nvaccessAuto opened this issue Mar 17, 2014 · 5 comments

Comments

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link

Reported by vgjh2005 on 2014-03-17 03:08
There are lots of list/Button/Check etc have no name attribution. We have to browse it one by one and sure what it is everytime. I think, adding a number before them can easily distinguish them. We needn't review them each time, because we can remember the number for that. For example, 2checkbox.

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link
Author

Comment 1 by jteh on 2014-03-18 01:09
If you're talking about desktop apps, if there isn't a number already, adding it would be too expensive, since we'd have to constantly walk through objects to calculate the number. Perhaps a specific example of where this would be useful would help.

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link
Author

Comment 2 by vgjh2005 (in reply to comment 1) on 2014-03-19 05:46
Replying to jteh:

If you're talking about desktop apps, if there isn't a number already, adding it would be too expensive, since we'd have to constantly walk through objects to calculate the number. Perhaps a specific example of where this would be useful would help.

For example, the interface have two listview that have no listview name.. Now, we will enter the listview to browse the list item. I think add a number of each listview here. Add the number in order for that controls have no description and do not know what it is. Such as two editBox in the gui. When we press the Tab key, we will heard Editbox and Editbox, Add a number for them. As long as span it one time when the window is loading.

@bhavyashah
Copy link

I am a little unsure of whether I follow this ticket or not. It seems to me that this ticket is requesting a feature by which NVDA would be able to report the number of the instance of any given element present on the page already.
E.g. A webpage contains three check boxes. If the proposed feature request is implemented, then NVDA would report these as check box 1, check box 2, and check box 3.
@vgjh2005 Could you please inform if my interpretation of this ticket is correct? Regardless, @jcsteh has noted in #3988 (comment) that this may be expensive to do from a performance standpoint. It would be interesting to determine whether the performance regressions such a feature may potentially cause outweighs its usefulness or vice versa.

@ruifontes
Copy link
Contributor

ruifontes commented Aug 18, 2017 via email

@ehollig
Copy link
Collaborator

ehollig commented Aug 20, 2017

Closing as duplicate from the issues listed in #3988 (comment)
Thank you @ruifontes for compiling this list.

Sign up for free to join this conversation on GitHub. Already have an account? Sign in to comment
Projects
None yet
Development

No branches or pull requests

4 participants