Navigation Menu

Skip to content
New issue

Have a question about this project? Sign up for a free GitHub account to open an issue and contact its maintainers and the community.

By clicking “Sign up for GitHub”, you agree to our terms of service and privacy statement. We’ll occasionally send you account related emails.

Already on GitHub? Sign in to your account

Emulating backspace key in Handy Tech Braille Displays #3993

Closed
nvaccessAuto opened this issue Mar 19, 2014 · 2 comments
Closed

Emulating backspace key in Handy Tech Braille Displays #3993

nvaccessAuto opened this issue Mar 19, 2014 · 2 comments

Comments

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link

Reported by ateu on 2014-03-19 02:03
Received from a Portuguese member.

When typing in a Braille keyboard in a Handy Tech Display, it's not practical to delete something, as NVDA cannot emulate the backspace key, so that the user needs to move the hand from the braille keyboard to the computer to press the backspace key.
For this reason, it would be nicer if this key can be assigned.

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link
Author

Comment 1 by jteh on 2014-03-19 02:08
This needs to be discussed with Handy Tech, as they maintain the driver and are apparently working on a new version. Unfortunately, they haven't responded to my queries about the status of this driver. I guess I'll have to nag them once again.

@LeonarddeR
Copy link
Collaborator

Note that Handy Tech braille input isn't supported by NVDA core, only by the unofficial custom add-on from Handy Tech themselves. However, backspace is properly mapped to the b1 key here, which corresponds to dot seven on a braille keyboard. Since this issue only talks about the backspace and not about the lack of braille input functionality, closing as works for me.

CC @FelixGruetzmacher

Sign up for free to join this conversation on GitHub. Already have an account? Sign in to comment
Projects
None yet
Development

No branches or pull requests

3 participants