Skip to content
New issue

Have a question about this project? Sign up for a free GitHub account to open an issue and contact its maintainers and the community.

By clicking “Sign up for GitHub”, you agree to our terms of service and privacy statement. We’ll occasionally send you account related emails.

Already on GitHub? Sign in to your account

MS word: NVDA should announce if the text is in two columns #3995

Closed
nvaccessAuto opened this issue Mar 19, 2014 · 4 comments
Closed

MS word: NVDA should announce if the text is in two columns #3995

nvaccessAuto opened this issue Mar 19, 2014 · 4 comments

Comments

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link

Reported by Sukil on 2014-03-19 10:42
Currently, if a multicolumn text is opened in Word, NVDA doesn't announce this information. This maylead to skip important parts of text.
Blocking #4547

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link
Author

Comment 1 by jteh on 2014-03-20 16:22
As a work around, if you use Draft view, Word doesn't skip over text in other columns.

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link
Author

Comment 2 by Sukil (in reply to comment 1) on 2014-03-20 16:35
Replying to jteh:

As a work around, if you use Draft view, Word doesn't skip over text in other columns.

I didn't know this, thanks for the info. However, I think something should be implemented, or perhaps a notice in the wiki about this.

@bhavyashah
Copy link

While my usage of Microsoft Office (especially word) is restricted mostly to academics and I have had to do little with multi-column documents, an online course I was once sort of part of (Whizjuniors was its name, in case anyone was wondering which course) had working with multi-column documents as one of initial and basic parts of a word processor. This observation, coupled with the fact that this has been brought up on Github several times as well as probably on the NVDA Users list some times, seems to imply that this lack of support is adversely impacting many since it sounds like multi-column documents are an integral part of more advanced word processing or corporate environments. Taking the work-around shared by @jcsteh in #3995 (comment) into account, @Qchristensen, could you please enlighten us about the significance of the requested feature for an average NVDA user using Microsoft Word, so that we may better evaluate the importance of this ticket itself?

@jcsteh
Copy link
Contributor

jcsteh commented Sep 5, 2017

This is implemented now; see #6536. Closing.

Sign up for free to join this conversation on GitHub. Already have an account? Sign in to comment
Projects
None yet
Development

No branches or pull requests

4 participants