Navigation Menu

Skip to content
New issue

Have a question about this project? Sign up for a free GitHub account to open an issue and contact its maintainers and the community.

By clicking “Sign up for GitHub”, you agree to our terms of service and privacy statement. We’ll occasionally send you account related emails.

Already on GitHub? Sign in to your account

Accessibility issues for Facebook universal app #4007

Closed
nvaccessAuto opened this issue Mar 21, 2014 · 7 comments
Closed

Accessibility issues for Facebook universal app #4007

nvaccessAuto opened this issue Mar 21, 2014 · 7 comments
Labels
bug close/worksforme p5 https://github.com/nvaccess/nvda/blob/master/projectDocs/issues/triage.md#priority

Comments

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link

Reported by supanut2000 on 2014-03-21 12:24
NVDA often doesn't read Facebook app's interface right at the first time the app is launched, and it also stops reading the interface as well if the app was minimized or I open another metro app, for example the Windows Store app.

@LeonarddeR
Copy link
Collaborator

It is likely that Facebook is devoting all their work to the Windows 10 app. I'm happy to change the title of this issue to cover the Windows 10 app for facebook, if there are similar problems in that app.

CC @josephsl

@k-kolev1985
Copy link

@LeonarddeR Yes, the Facebook team is concentrated on the app for Windows 10. But its current state in regards to accessibility is not very good. The log in page is not accessible at all, it seams. If you manage to log in, you can read controls with TAB. But that is about it, based on my observations. Hope it will improve soon, but who knows...

@josephsl
Copy link
Collaborator

josephsl commented Jul 14, 2017 via email

@LeonarddeR LeonarddeR changed the title NVDA and Facebook for Windows 8 Accessibility issues for Facebook universal app Jul 14, 2017
@LeonarddeR LeonarddeR marked this as a duplicate of #4070 Jul 15, 2017
@jcsteh
Copy link
Contributor

jcsteh commented Jul 18, 2017

Ideally, these issues should be reported to (and fixed by) Facebook. It may not even be possible to work around these in NVDA. I'll set to p4 in case someone wants to look into this further, though.

@jcsteh jcsteh added the p5 https://github.com/nvaccess/nvda/blob/master/projectDocs/issues/triage.md#priority label Jul 18, 2017
@Adriani90
Copy link
Collaborator

@supanut2000 could you test the app and give an update regarding its accessibility? Is this still as bad as before?

@Adriani90
Copy link
Collaborator

I have tested in NVDA 2019.1.1 with the last version of the facebook app from Windows store, the app is still very inaccessible. Edit fields are not in the tab order, you cannot jump to them with objectnavigation and you cannot move into the text etc.
cc: @josephsl I supose the priority for improving Windows 10 aps in general is very low. Right? It seems many companies just create some apps to test the Windows store but the users of Windows are not really using lots of store apps. My impression is that people using store apps are either on Android or on Apple. So I think in the future there will not be much improvement to accessibility of Windows store apps.

@Adriani90
Copy link
Collaborator

The Facebook App from Microsoft App store is now fully accessible, I cannot find any really significant problem with it using NVDA last alpha. I am closing as works for me. If you have individual issues with the app, please open new issues and describe them according to the issue template.

Sign up for free to join this conversation on GitHub. Already have an account? Sign in to comment
Labels
bug close/worksforme p5 https://github.com/nvaccess/nvda/blob/master/projectDocs/issues/triage.md#priority
Projects
None yet
Development

No branches or pull requests

6 participants