Skip to content
New issue

Have a question about this project? Sign up for a free GitHub account to open an issue and contact its maintainers and the community.

By clicking “Sign up for GitHub”, you agree to our terms of service and privacy statement. We’ll occasionally send you account related emails.

Already on GitHub? Sign in to your account

A issue about typing Korean letters #4045

Closed
nvaccessAuto opened this issue Apr 3, 2014 · 20 comments
Closed

A issue about typing Korean letters #4045

nvaccessAuto opened this issue Apr 3, 2014 · 20 comments
Labels
Milestone

Comments

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link

Reported by hyongsop.kim on 2014-04-03 06:54
Hello, I'm Korean and when I type Korean characters in some web editors, there are three problems depending on editor.

1. Even if I set to speak type characters off, when I type Korean, Nvda says the letters.
    But when I type English, that's okay.
    It is included in all editors.
  2. in one smart editor in webpage, when I type English in multi line text box, it's okay to read all characters I typed.
    But if I type Korean, Nvda can't read the letters even if I navigate arrow keys.
    In order to read the lines, I have to turn on virtual cursor and read or I should go to another window and go back and I can read the lines without turn on virtual cursor.
    However if I type Korean again, Nvda can't read.
  3. in another smart editor, if I type Korean, some characters are disappeared or broken.

So please check these issues and fix it.
Thank you so much.

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link
Author

Comment 1 by Palacee_hun (in reply to comment description) on 2014-04-03 16:53
Maybe it would help much if you told in which web editors you had experienced problems 2. and 3. Are those editors free, or do they have at least a working demo version? Do they have English interface so that non-Korean people can try them out? If yes, it would be much easier to check and see what the cause of the problems may be. And one last thing: what Korean input method do you use, that is what program/service makes it possible for you to type Korean letters?[to [ticket:4045 hyongsop.kim]([BR]]
Replying):

Hello, I'm Korean and when I type Korean characters in some web editors, there are three problems depending on editor.

1. Even if I set to speak type characters off, when I type Korean, Nvda says the letters.

But when I type English, that's okay.

It is included in all editors.

1. in one smart editor in webpage, when I type English in multi line text box, it's okay to read all characters I typed.

But if I type Korean, Nvda can't read the letters even if I navigate arrow keys.

In order to read the lines, I have to turn on virtual cursor and read or I should go to another window and go back and I can read the lines without turn on virtual cursor.

However if I type Korean again, Nvda can't read.

1. in another smart editor, if I type Korean, some characters are disappeared or broken.

So please check these issues and fix it.

Thank you so much.

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link
Author

Comment 2 by jteh on 2014-04-03 21:09
And what browser are you using? If you haven't already tried with Firefox, please do.

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link
Author

Comment 3 by hyongsop.kim on 2014-04-04 03:55
Thank you for your replies.
First, ie and Firefox is same in smart editors.
Second the sample site is http://jindo.dev.naver.com/smarteditor/demo/SmartEditor2.html
In this site's issue is number two that I posted before.
Third number three issue site is hard to check by you, because the site is Korean portal site and has to log in and go to compose mail.
The address is http://mail.daum.net
Unfortunately, these samples are not in English.
Last, in these smart editors, the Korean font seems to be different with general editor.
Thank you and if you want to know more information, please let me know.

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link
Author

Comment 4 by khsruru on 2014-06-19 07:16
Hello, I’m wondering about the issue that I posted already is how to be treated.
Because in smart editor in html, when I type Korean, not to read Korean is very hard to use.
My intention is not to pressure you, only wondering.
As a reference, I tested Ckeditor, but the problem is same.
Please fix the issue asap.
Thank you so much.

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link
Author

Comment 5 by jteh on 2014-06-19 07:53
Joseph, would you mind taking a look at this? If you can reproduce it, can you give us thorough steps to reproduce, including exactly what was typed, etc.? Thanks.

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link
Author

Comment 6 by nvdakor on 2014-06-19 22:20
Hi,
Issue 1 can be resolved by changing "Report changes to the composition string" setting in input composition settings to off.
STR:

1. If you haven't, install Korean input IME (you'll also need this for issue 2).
  2. Go to Input Composition settings and set "Report changes to the composition string" to on.
  3. Open Notepad, MS Word or other word processing application. Then disable speaking of typed characters (NVDA+2).
  4. Write an English sentence such as "hello testing"
  5. On a separate line, switch to Korean input method (right Alt, if you are using Korean IME), then type a Korean word like "테스팅" (English string: xptmxld, meaning "testing").
    Expected: As the composition string is entered, NvDA should not speak it, thereby honoring the setting for speak typed characters (in our case, off).
    Actual: Composition string changes are announced, contrary to the setting for speak typed characters (off).
    Resolution: For Korean users typing Korean text (Hangul), go to Input Composition Settings dialog and turn off "Report changes to the composition string" setting.
    Next comment: issue 2.

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link
Author

Comment 7 by nvdakor on 2014-06-19 22:36
Hi,
Issue 2: In order to continue typing Korean, the user needs to switch away from the browser and back.
STR:

1. Install Korean IME (if you're debugging issue 1, you can continue with Korean IME).
  2. Go to the sample link for issue 2 provided by the author.
  3. Go to top of the page that appears, then press ENTER. Then press ENTER a second time, and NVDA will switch to focus mode after announcing document.
  4. Type an English sentence such as 'hello testing".
  5. Switch to Korean and type something like "테스팅" (English: xptmxld). Press ENTER to move to the next line.
  6. Try arrowing up and down the editor window.
    Expected: NVDA should announce the newly entered words and text in the editor window should be navigable.
    Actual: Nothing is announced. To make NVDA announce text in the editor, switch away from the browser and switch back. Then you can review text entered into the field.
    Developer info:
name: u'Smart Editor\u2122 WYSIWYG Mode'
role: ROLE_DOCUMENT
states: STATE_FOCUSABLE, STATE_FOCUSED, STATE_EDITABLE
isFocusable: True
hasFocus: True
Python object: <NVDAObjects.Dynamic_EditableTextWithoutAutoSelectDetectionBodyMSHTMLIAccessibleWindowNVDAObject object at 0x0487E290>
Python class mro: (<class 'NVDAObjects.Dynamic_EditableTextWithoutAutoSelectDetectionBodyMSHTMLIAccessibleWindowNVDAObject'>, <class 'NVDAObjects.behaviors.EditableTextWithoutAutoSelectDetection'>, <class 'editableText.EditableTextWithoutAutoSelectDetection'>, <class 'NVDAObjects.behaviors.EditableText'>, <class 'editableText.EditableText'>, <class 'NVDAObjects.IAccessible.MSHTML.Body'>, <class 'NVDAObjects.IAccessible.MSHTML.MSHTML'>, <class 'NVDAObjects.IAccessible.IAccessible'>, <class 'NVDAObjects.window.Window'>, <class 'NVDAObjects.NVDAObject'>, <class 'baseObject.ScriptableObject'>, <class 'baseObject.AutoPropertyObject'>, <type 'object'>)
description: None
value: ''
appModule: <'appModuleHandler' (appName u'iexplore', process ID 6776) at address 49f0c10>
appModule.productName: u'Internet Explorer'
appModule.productVersion: u'11.00.9600.16384'
TextInfo: <class 'NVDAObjects.IAccessible.MSHTML.MSHTMLTextInfo'>
windowHandle: 6161224
windowClassName: u'Internet Explorer_Server'
windowControlID: 0
windowStyle: 1442840576
windowThreadID: 4752
windowText: u''
displayText: u''
IAccessibleObject: <POINTER(IAccessible) ptr=0x8fedc00 at 4ad3f30>
IAccessibleChildID: 0
IAccessible event parameters: windowHandle=6161224, objectID=8, childID=0
IAccessible accName: u'Smart Editor\u2122 WYSIWYG Mode'
IAccessible accRole: ROLE_SYSTEM_PANE
IAccessible accState: STATE_SYSTEM_READONLY, STATE_SYSTEM_FOCUSED, STATE_SYSTEM_FOCUSABLE, STATE_SYSTEM_VALID (1048644)
IAccessible accDescription: exception: (-2147467263, 'Not implemented', (None, None, None, 0, None))
IAccessible accValue: u'http://jindo.dev.naver.com/smarteditor/demo/smart_editor2_inputarea.html'
MSHTML node has ancestor IAccessible: False
MSHTML nodeName: u'BODY'

Tested with IE11 on Windows 8.1.
Thanks.

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link
Author

Comment 8 by jteh on 2014-06-19 22:57
Regarding issue 1, I understand that this might not make much sense for Korean, but as I understand it, this is desirable behaviour for languages where the composition string contains valuable information about the characters entered. Therefore, I don't consider this a bug.

Regarding issue 2, Joseph, is there any chance of testing this in Firefox? Sorry to ask more of you on this.

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link
Author

Comment 9 by nvdakor on 2014-06-19 23:05
Hi,
I tried to reproduce issue 2 with Firefox to no avail.

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link
Author

Comment 10 by Michael Curran <mick@... on 2014-12-11 04:51
In [ed6b1c7]:

MSHTML NVDAObject's kwargsFromSuper: when getting the focus, we must recurse into frames ourselves as document.activeelement does not do this. Allows objectWithFocus() to correctly pick up the focused element when inside a frame.

Re #4045

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link
Author

Comment 11 by Michael Curran <mick@... on 2014-12-11 04:52
In [4cb3467]:

Merge branch 't4045' into next. Incubates #4045

Changes:
Added labels: incubating

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link
Author

Comment 12 by mdcurran on 2014-12-11 04:56
Technical:
Our input composition code uses objectWithFocus() to fetch the object that we should return to once the input composition is finished. I can't remember why we don't just use getFocusObject() but at the end of the day, objectWithFocus should work anyway.
In MSHTML's case, via kwargsFromSuper, we normally call document.activeelement. In the case of this editor, as the document is within a frame, document.activeElement only returns the frame, not the embedded document. Therefore we now will recursive into frames if the activeelement is a frame. Can be tried in Next.

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link
Author

Comment 13 by nvdakor on 2014-12-11 08:15
Hi all,
Now managed to test this with Firefox - for issue 2, you can navigate the edit field regardless of text language, so it is unique to IE (could someone test this using Chrome?). Thanks.

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link
Author

Comment 14 by khsruru on 2014-12-12 02:17
Hello, I tested with Chrome, but it is same as Internet Explorer.
As you said, only in Firefox, it works well.
And if the bug that even if I set to typed characters off, it reads the letters as soon as I type Korean letter can be fixed, it will be very good.
If a is Korean letter and I type a, NVDA says selecting a.
Thank you.

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link
Author

Comment 15 by khsruru on 2014-12-12 07:36
Hello, again.
As you know, about some hours ago, NVDA Next version is updated.
After updated, it is possible that can read Korean text letters in IE with editable multiline text field.
I think that it is very great and very appreciate.
Thank developers for your efforts.
And please resolve about speak typed characters off.
Thank you.

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link
Author

Comment 16 by nvdakor on 2014-12-12 07:56
Hi all,
I guess it's time to speak my mother tongue for a while...
Korean: 선배, 저 성원이인데요. 아마도 첫 이슈는 동아시아 글자 입력과 관련되어 수정이 힘들것 같습니다. 이 이슈 수정시 한국어 입력은 해결되겠지만 중국어나 일어 입력에 지장을 줄 수 있습니다. 한번 우리 페북 그룹에 글을 남겨주세요.
English translation: Hi friend, this is Joseph speaking. It looks like first issue may not be resolved as it is tied to East Asian character input. Although resolving this issue may benefit Korean users, it may cause problems for people entering Chinese or Japanese. If you want to talk more about it, please write a message on our Facebook group.
Thanks.

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link
Author

Comment 17 by khsruru on 2014-12-13 09:50
Hi, Joseph.
Thank you very much for your detailed explanation about speak typed Korean character.
I understood about that.
In my opinion, in the future, I hope there will be a good way to solve this issue, because once I type Korean so fast, typed character voice is a little delayed and it might give affect to latency.
Thank you again for your reply.

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link
Author

Comment 18 by Michael Curran <mick@... on 2014-12-25 05:21
In [d5b17df]:

Merge branch 't4045'. Fixes #4045

Changes:
Removed labels: incubating
State: closed

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link
Author

Comment 19 by mdcurran on 2014-12-25 05:21
Changes:
Milestone changed from None to 2015.1

@nvaccessAuto nvaccessAuto added this to the 2015.1 milestone Nov 10, 2015
michaelDCurran added a commit that referenced this issue Nov 23, 2015
…recurse into frames ourselves as document.activeelement does not do this. Allows objectWithFocus() to correctly pick up the focused element when inside a frame.

Re #4045
michaelDCurran added a commit that referenced this issue Nov 23, 2015
@willowTank
Copy link

willowTank commented Dec 16, 2017

Hello Sir. I have some question

Sign up for free to join this conversation on GitHub. Already have an account? Sign in to comment
Labels
Projects
None yet
Development

No branches or pull requests

2 participants