Skip to content
New issue

Have a question about this project? Sign up for a free GitHub account to open an issue and contact its maintainers and the community.

By clicking “Sign up for GitHub”, you agree to our terms of service and privacy statement. We’ll occasionally send you account related emails.

Already on GitHub? Sign in to your account

NVDA 2014.1 can't read documents in Balabolka #4053

Closed
nvaccessAuto opened this issue Apr 6, 2014 · 7 comments
Closed

NVDA 2014.1 can't read documents in Balabolka #4053

nvaccessAuto opened this issue Apr 6, 2014 · 7 comments

Comments

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link

Reported by msuch on 2014-04-06 09:55
When displaying a document with Balabolka, NVDA does not correctly read the text. Lines seem to be messed up and sometimes extra text is heard.
This did not happen with previous NVDA versions.
Note: Balabolka was unusable before disply model was implemented, so the problem may come from latest evolutions of the model.
Blocked by #4229

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link
Author

Comment 1 by msuch (in reply to comment description) on 2014-12-04 10:32
This problem is still there with NVDA 2014.4.

Replying to msuch:

When displaying a document with Balabolka, NVDA does not correctly read the text. Lines seem to be messed up and sometimes extra text is heard.

Note: Balabolka was unusable before disply model was implemented, so the problem may come from latest evolutions of the model.

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link
Author

Comment 2 by jteh on 2014-12-04 10:35
Thanks for the update. It's useful to know the first version this occurred in, rather than changing it to the latest.

Mick, can you investigate this when you have time?

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link
Author

Comment 3 by msuch (in reply to comment 1) on 2014-12-17 21:49
Hi,

Just tested Balabolka with latest Next Snapshot, and it seems the problem is gone, though I don't know what could have fixefd it in the latest changes. Maybe I missed something.

Replying to msuch:

This problem is still there with NVDA 2014.4.

Replying to msuch:

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link
Author

Comment 4 by mdcurran (in reply to comment 3) on 2014-12-17 22:08
Replying to msuch:
It would have been #4229 I think.

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link
Author

Comment 5 by jteh on 2014-12-17 23:28
The only thing I don't understand is that I think #4229 fixes a problem introduced in NVDA 2014.2, but this Balabolka problem was apparently introduced in NVDA 2014.1. Mick, any thoughts?

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link
Author

Comment 6 by msuch (in reply to comment 5) on 2014-12-23 09:45
Now that branch 4229 has been merged to Master,
I confirm that it also fixes ticket 4053 regarding Balabolka.
So I think 4053 should be closed.

Replying to jteh:

The only thing I don't understand is that I think #4229 fixes a problem introduced in NVDA 2014.2, but this Balabolka problem was apparently introduced in NVDA 2014.1. Mick, any thoughts?

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link
Author

Comment 7 by jteh on 2014-12-23 23:58
Okay. Marking as a duplicate of #4229.
Changes:
Added labels: duplicate
State: closed

Sign up for free to join this conversation on GitHub. Already have an account? Sign in to comment
Projects
None yet
Development

No branches or pull requests

2 participants