Skip to content
New issue

Have a question about this project? Sign up for a free GitHub account to open an issue and contact its maintainers and the community.

By clicking “Sign up for GitHub”, you agree to our terms of service and privacy statement. We’ll occasionally send you account related emails.

Already on GitHub? Sign in to your account

Focus detection problem with Audacity 2.0x #4068

Closed
nvaccessAuto opened this issue Apr 10, 2014 · 6 comments
Closed

Focus detection problem with Audacity 2.0x #4068

nvaccessAuto opened this issue Apr 10, 2014 · 6 comments

Comments

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link

Reported by msuch on 2014-04-10 19:46
When opening Audacity, Focus gets to the track list which is correct.
Then, if you press alt key, you'll get to the File menu and NVDA gets there normally.
Then, if you press alt or espace to get back to the track list, NVDA is not aware of focus change and don't return to track list.
This doesn't happen with other screen readers
Blocking #4289

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link
Author

Comment 1 by driemer.riemer@... on 2014-04-13 19:37
When I get a chance, I can probably fix this one-. It doesn't seem that hard as I did this in an appModule a few years ago for audacity.

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link
Author

Comment 2 by jteh on 2014-04-13 22:51
This is due to a bug in Audacity. It doesn't implement IAccessible::accFocus correctly on the track view, so NVDA can't query for the focused object, which it needs to do after leaving a menu. Some other screen readers have a menu mode instead and remember the focus before entering menus, but this can be unreliable and can result in getting stuck in menus.

There should be a way to work around this in an app module, but it'd be better to get it fixed in Audacity.

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link
Author

Comment 3 by david (in reply to comment 2) on 2014-08-06 08:31
Replying to jteh:

This is due to a bug in Audacity. It doesn't implement IAccessible::accFocus correctly on the track view.

I've submitted a patch to Audacity to fix the problem with IAccessible::accFocus.

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link
Author

Comment 4 by jteh on 2014-08-06 09:39
Awesome! Thanks!

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link
Author

Comment 6 by david on 2014-10-01 09:48
This is now fixed in Audacity 2.0.6 .

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link
Author

Comment 7 by jteh on 2014-10-01 10:27
Thanks very much!
Changes:
State: closed

Sign up for free to join this conversation on GitHub. Already have an account? Sign in to comment
Projects
None yet
Development

No branches or pull requests

1 participant