Skip to content
New issue

Have a question about this project? Sign up for a free GitHub account to open an issue and contact its maintainers and the community.

By clicking “Sign up for GitHub”, you agree to our terms of service and privacy statement. We’ll occasionally send you account related emails.

Already on GitHub? Sign in to your account

Chrome: Exceptions when entering east Asian characters #4080

Closed
nvaccessAuto opened this issue Apr 19, 2014 · 7 comments
Closed

Chrome: Exceptions when entering east Asian characters #4080

nvaccessAuto opened this issue Apr 19, 2014 · 7 comments

Comments

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link

Reported by vgjh2005 on 2014-04-19 06:34
Hi:
I wanted to make a search by google. I typed some characters, then press arror keys to read them. But I could not hear the character under the focus. It just like The focus is seemed not to move. I also typed some Chinese in the EditBox, NVDA would play a error sound, but there was no error occurs.
Thanks.

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link
Author

Attachment nvda.log added by vgjh2005 on 2014-04-19 06:38
Description:
This is the log for these errors.

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link
Author

Comment 1 by briang1 on 2014-04-19 08:23
I thought there was a ticket for this lack of cursor feedback in chrome, and that it needed an external fix from the authors of the browser.
However the particulare version you mention I do believe has other access issues which do not exist in earlier or the next version of Chrome.

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link
Author

Comment 2 by jteh on 2014-04-19 08:48
The problem with cursor tracking in editable text fields is a bug in Google Chrome. It is fixed for Chrome 36. You can test it now in Chrome Canary.

If you're hearing an NVDA error sound, an error will have been logged. Please reproduce the problem and then provide the NVDA log file as described in LogFilesAndCrashDumps.

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link
Author

Comment 3 by jteh on 2014-07-17 01:29
For some reason, I didn't see that you had already provided a log. My apologies.

As the first issue reported here is fixed in Chrome, I'm morphing this ticket to just cover the second issue.

Technical: The Chrome vbuf is assuming that all objects with the same window handle are IA2 objects, but this isn't the case for input composition/candidates.
Changes:
Changed title from "The characters cannot be browse normally in chrome34." to "Chrome: Exceptions when entering east Asian characters"

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link
Author

Comment 5 by vgjh2005 (in reply to comment 3) on 2014-07-18 04:50
Replying to jteh:
I am sorry for delay. I don't know this ticket is updated. Now, I upload the error log here.Thanks.

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link
Author

Attachment nvda.2.log added by vgjh2005 on 2014-07-18 04:56
Description:
error log about imput eastasian.

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link
Author

Attachment errors log for chrome 36.log added by vgjh2005 on 2014-07-18 05:23
Description:
This is the error log for chrome 36. Thanks.

Sign up for free to join this conversation on GitHub. Already have an account? Sign in to comment
Projects
None yet
Development

No branches or pull requests

2 participants