Skip to content
New issue

Have a question about this project? Sign up for a free GitHub account to open an issue and contact its maintainers and the community.

By clicking “Sign up for GitHub”, you agree to our terms of service and privacy statement. We’ll occasionally send you account related emails.

Already on GitHub? Sign in to your account

Source code of nvdaHelper not up-to-date in trunk #409

Closed
nvaccessAuto opened this issue Jan 1, 2010 · 4 comments
Closed

Source code of nvdaHelper not up-to-date in trunk #409

nvaccessAuto opened this issue Jan 1, 2010 · 4 comments

Comments

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link

Reported by msuch on 2009-09-07 11:22
I tried to compile nvdaHelper from the source code in trunk. Building works fine, but, with these dlls, Firefox support seems to be broken. When opening a form, you cannot switch to browse mode.
All works fine with IE 8 so I guess that code for Firefox is not up to date.
Note that all works fine using Dlls taken from the snapshot and which were built on 20 august.

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link
Author

Comment 1 by jteh on 2009-09-07 11:35
The code is definitely up to date. Mick and I build from this code almost daily.

I just uploaded new dlls here today. Do these work for you?

Are you sure the build is succeeding? Note that it may not be able to overwrite the files if you have run that copy of NVDA before in this session, so check for errors in the build.

When you say it doesn't allow you to switch in and out of focus mode, are you actually getting anything in the buffer at all? I suspect you are getting a blank buffer.

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link
Author

Comment 2 by msuch (in reply to comment 1) on 2009-09-07 12:04
Replying to jteh:

The code is definitely up to date. Mick and I build from this code almost daily.

Are you sure the build is succeeding? Note that it may not be able to overwrite the files if you have run that copy of NVDA before in this session, so check for errors in the build.

When you say it doesn't allow you to switch in and out of focus mode, are you actually getting anything in the buffer at all? I suspect you are getting a blank buffer.

Well, just downloaded your latest dlls and it does not better than with mines.
Let's take an example:
Go to a google page (google search).
The page is correctly loaded and you're automatically set in focus mode.
You can tab thru the form fields etc, fill them, but you cannot go to browse mode.
My NVDA is configured to automatically switch from one mode to other, and this does not happen.
When the page opens, a message tells me that am in focus mode and I must stick to it.

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link
Author

Comment 3 by msuch (in reply to comment 1) on 2009-09-07 16:28
Oops,

I found why it does not work:
The IAccessible2proxy.dll is required, but not generated by the build process.
If you add this dll in the lib directory, all works just fine.
Replying to jteh:

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link
Author

Comment 4 by jteh on 2009-09-07 20:55
Changes:
Added labels: worksforme
State: closed

Sign up for free to join this conversation on GitHub. Already have an account? Sign in to comment
Projects
None yet
Development

No branches or pull requests

1 participant