Skip to content
New issue

Have a question about this project? Sign up for a free GitHub account to open an issue and contact its maintainers and the community.

By clicking “Sign up for GitHub”, you agree to our terms of service and privacy statement. We’ll occasionally send you account related emails.

Already on GitHub? Sign in to your account

Better more intuitive Flash support #4124

Closed
nvaccessAuto opened this issue May 6, 2014 · 2 comments
Closed

Better more intuitive Flash support #4124

nvaccessAuto opened this issue May 6, 2014 · 2 comments

Comments

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link

Reported by briang1 on 2014-05-06 08:31
At the moment it seems that nvda is slipping a bit on flash support. I have found sites that according to others, Jaws etc, has found the buttons on easily, but nvda either needs to be used in various navigation modes or seems completely unable to help to find the controls in embedded objects. At least in firefox and IE8
http://www.radioacademy.org/news/blog/2014/03/radiotalk-lynn-parsons-in-conversation-with-paul-robinson/

Have a look at the above site and see what I mean. I've been told the second embedded object has the button inside it, but I cannot find it.
This is not transparent Flash either.
Seems to me this needs some work to make it more intuitive.

Current next snap tested and its no better.

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link
Author

Comment 1 by mdcurran on 2015-01-30 04:08
the flash applet has a few unlabeled graphics and two unlabelled buttons. The first button starts playback. These buttons should really be labelled by the author. But, I was certainly able to find and activate them.
Changes:
Added labels: worksforme
State: closed

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link
Author

Comment 2 by briang1 on 2015-01-30 10:51
I think from playing around a bit the newer versions of Firefox seem to work better than what I was using at the time. However, some other flash issues probably still need addressing. Of course if you try to use this in IE with the current flash version on xp etc, it won't work very well.

Its a bit like the adobe installers that now only read their buttons if UIA is on the version of windows you are using.

Sign up for free to join this conversation on GitHub. Already have an account? Sign in to comment
Projects
None yet
Development

No branches or pull requests

1 participant