Skip to content
New issue

Have a question about this project? Sign up for a free GitHub account to open an issue and contact its maintainers and the community.

By clicking “Sign up for GitHub”, you agree to our terms of service and privacy statement. We’ll occasionally send you account related emails.

Already on GitHub? Sign in to your account

NVDA fails to read the statusbar in Thunderbird beta #4144

Closed
nvaccessAuto opened this issue May 16, 2014 · 3 comments
Closed

NVDA fails to read the statusbar in Thunderbird beta #4144

nvaccessAuto opened this issue May 16, 2014 · 3 comments

Comments

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link

Reported by k_kolev1985 on 2014-05-16 08:22
Due to some accessibility fixes related to the high-contrast mode in Windows 8, I've upgraded Mozilla Thunderbird to version 29.0 and now - to 30.0 (beta releases). Since then, I've noticed that NVDA will not read the statusbar in Thunderbird, even though the statusbar itself is shown on the screen. Instead, when I press NVDA+END, NVDA will say only "blank". This was not the case with the stable version of Thunderbird (v24.x) - there the statusbar was read by NVDA just fine.

Steps to reproduce it:

1. Upgrade Thunderbird to version 29 or 30 beta.
  2. Launch Thunderbird.
  3. From the "View" menu, from the "Toolbar" submenu, make sure that "Statusbar" option is checked, so the statusbar is shown on the screen.
  4. Press NVDA+END to make NVDA read the content of the statusbar.

Actual results:
NVDA says only "blank".

Expected results:
NVDA should read the content of the statusbar.

Test environment:

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link
Author

Comment 1 by jteh on 2014-05-27 11:17
This is due to a bug in more recent versions of Thunderbird. I reported it as MozillaBug:934875 several months ago, but there's still no progress and no one seems to know what might have broken it.

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link
Author

Comment 3 by mohammed on 2014-08-18 06:07
it looks like this was fixed by no other than our Jamie :) expected to land on v34.

@ehollig
Copy link
Collaborator

ehollig commented Jul 17, 2017

Acording to MozillaBug:934875, this was fixed in Thunderbird 34.0.

@jcsteh jcsteh closed this as completed Jul 17, 2017
Sign up for free to join this conversation on GitHub. Already have an account? Sign in to comment
Projects
None yet
Development

No branches or pull requests

3 participants