Skip to content
New issue

Have a question about this project? Sign up for a free GitHub account to open an issue and contact its maintainers and the community.

By clicking “Sign up for GitHub”, you agree to our terms of service and privacy statement. We’ll occasionally send you account related emails.

Already on GitHub? Sign in to your account

NVDA starts and slows down windows. #4146

Closed
nvaccessAuto opened this issue May 18, 2014 · 4 comments
Closed

NVDA starts and slows down windows. #4146

nvaccessAuto opened this issue May 18, 2014 · 4 comments

Comments

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link

Reported by briang1 on 2014-05-18 18:56
Recently, particularly in the Next branch, on first start up of the machine, nvda seems prone to have excessive watchdog activity, slugging windows, such as tabbing between the parts of the desktop, or cursoring in the desktop icons. I include a full log as an attach of one of these instances. Rebooting nvda cured the issue. This is in windows XP. It is obviously annoying but can be cured by a restart normally. It is not the same issue as when the menu does not work, as it seems to work fine in these faulty start ups. Often there is another piece of software like a calendar reminder in focus when the problem occurs.

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link
Author

Attachment nvda-old_slow down windows at nvda start.log added by briang1 on 2014-05-18 19:02
Description:
log file of issue

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link
Author

Comment 1 by jteh on 2014-12-01 06:41
Is this still a problem?

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link
Author

Comment 2 by briang1 on 2014-12-05 10:43
Not too bad now, but I think, althogh not seen in the log, the start up of Dropbox is implicated in this, causing delays to other software running during the start up.
So I think its just a slow machine and programs that hog resources all piling in at the same time.
Unless others report issues probably safe to close it.

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link
Author

Comment 3 by jteh on 2014-12-06 01:56
Closing for now, but please reopen if the problem reappears and you believe NVDA is implicated.
Changes:
Added labels: worksforme
State: closed

Sign up for free to join this conversation on GitHub. Already have an account? Sign in to comment
Projects
None yet
Development

No branches or pull requests

1 participant