Skip to content
New issue

Have a question about this project? Sign up for a free GitHub account to open an issue and contact its maintainers and the community.

By clicking “Sign up for GitHub”, you agree to our terms of service and privacy statement. We’ll occasionally send you account related emails.

Already on GitHub? Sign in to your account

MSHTML browse mode: Activating ARIA menu items on freedomscientific.com doesn't switch to focus mode #4161

Closed
nvaccessAuto opened this issue May 29, 2014 · 8 comments

Comments

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link

Reported by khsruru on 2014-05-29 19:30
Hello, I’m Hyongsop Kim in Korea.
I have a question about aria menu item and pulldown menus.
In order to ask, I have to tell you two sample sites, number one is Microsoft Accessibility, number two is Freedom Scientific homepage.
In number one, there are some pulldown menus, such as products, demos and so on.
When I focus to these menus, if I can press space key, Nvda’s virtual cursor is turned off automatically and I can use arrow keys to navigate pulldown menus.
However, in number two’s pulldown menus, even if I press space key, there is no reaction, Nvda’s virtual cursor is not turned off.
So in order to navigate these pulldown menus, I have to press Nvda key and space, or press tab key in order to move focus to another link and come back with shift tab key and the virtual cursor is turned off..
Please check this issue and I think it is needed to fix the problem.
As a reference, I tested in Internet Explorer, version 11.
Thank you so much.

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link
Author

Comment 1 by jteh on 2014-05-29 21:39
Confirmed.

Technical: This works as expected in Firefox. However, in IE, there is a text frame object beneath the menu item, so NVDA acts on that instead of the menu item. Somehow, we need to search ancestors in this case.
Changes:
Changed title from "aria menu item in browse mode." to "MSHTML browse mode: Activating ARIA menu items on freedomscientific.com doesn't switch to focus mode"
Milestone changed from None to next

@nvaccessAuto nvaccessAuto added this to the next milestone Nov 10, 2015
@jcsteh jcsteh removed this from the next milestone Jun 24, 2016
@ehollig
Copy link
Collaborator

ehollig commented Jul 25, 2017

I believe this now works as expected in IE 11. CC @jcsteh

@LeonarddeR
Copy link
Collaborator

It also works as expected for me.

@Adriani90
Copy link
Collaborator

@khsruru can you still reproduce it with NVDA 2018.4? If not, @ehollig I think the issue can be closed.

@Adriani90
Copy link
Collaborator

Ok the author is not on Github anymore, I suggest to Close it.

@Adriani90
Copy link
Collaborator

Ok I found another Name for the same author of an issue on Github. @@khsbory if you are the right author, please try to reproduce this issue. Thank you.

@Adriani90
Copy link
Collaborator

@ehollig according to your comment above you cannot reproduce it in IE11, in Firefox and Chrome it works properly as well. I suggest to close this issue and reopen it if someone reports it again. Thanks.

@ehollig
Copy link
Collaborator

ehollig commented Jan 6, 2019

Closing as requested.

Sign up for free to join this conversation on GitHub. Already have an account? Sign in to comment
Projects
None yet
Development

No branches or pull requests

5 participants