Skip to content
New issue

Have a question about this project? Sign up for a free GitHub account to open an issue and contact its maintainers and the community.

By clicking “Sign up for GitHub”, you agree to our terms of service and privacy statement. We’ll occasionally send you account related emails.

Already on GitHub? Sign in to your account

Version 2014.2 breaks functionality in Tera-Term Pro #4229

Closed
nvaccessAuto opened this issue Jun 27, 2014 · 9 comments
Closed

Version 2014.2 breaks functionality in Tera-Term Pro #4229

nvaccessAuto opened this issue Jun 27, 2014 · 9 comments

Comments

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link

Reported by MikeRay on 2014-06-27 14:37
After updating to 2014.2, the terminal window of Tera-Term Pro version 4.76 is no longer working correctly. Immediately after looging in to a remote host, speech works ok until something like an 'ls' command or an edit command is issued. Result is speech stops until terminal is reset. After that NVDA speaks extra stuff along with the prompt. Using flat revue confirms the extra spoken text is not on the line which should be read, which is the prompt.
Blocking #4053

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link
Author

Comment 2 by mdcurran on 2014-12-09 04:09
definitely confirmed. Probably something to do with the handling of window scrolling. It seems to only keep around the last 2 lines or so. Will investigate more.

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link
Author

Comment 3 by Michael Curran <mick@... on 2014-12-09 06:44
In [1939970]:

Merge branch 't4229' into next. Incubates #4229

Changes:
Added labels: incubating

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link
Author

Comment 5 by mdcurran on 2014-12-23 07:02
Changes:
Milestone changed from None to 2015.1

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link
Author

Comment 6 by Michael Curran <mick@... on 2014-12-23 07:07
In [bb500fb]:

Merge branch 't4229'. Fixes #4229

Changes:
Removed labels: incubating
State: closed

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link
Author

Comment 8 by briang1 on 2015-01-09 09:33
There is now a suspicion that this fix has broken the Goldwave drop start and end marker functionality in the Goldwave add on ticket 4771

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link
Author

Comment 9 by mdcurran on 2015-01-09 09:41
It is possible. But this would mean that the Goldwave add-on was relying on a bug anyway. As annoying as it is, the GoldWave add-on really probably needs to be looked at again to handle the now (more accurate) displayModel content.
This fix was to remove dodjy code which was causing content to go missing.
I assume therefore then that the GoldWave add-on was written (or changed) after April 2014, as that is when displayModel broke. Before that point this version of the GoldWave add-on would also not have worked. If this is not the case, then it is not this ticket.

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link
Author

Comment 10 by nvdakor on 2015-01-09 09:51
Hi,
Thee only routine where display model came in was when announcing times and other info from the status bar, and it was invoked when there was nothing - that is, the info returned was empty. When that happened, NVDA was asked to redraw the screen text (Jamie advised me about not using this a lot).
What happens if you use the stable add-on version - 2.2? If no issues are found, then it is with the add-on code, but if the issue persists, then we may need to investigate this a bit further (as I'm the writer of the GoldWave add-on).
Thanks.

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link
Author

Comment 11 by briang1 on 2015-01-09 15:55
Hi, you might also contact Joseph as he was looking into this one. The add on has been working fine in release versions of 2014.4 and its release candidate, with the stable version of the add on. The problem started when i used it with Master branch after 29th December last year. See ticket 4771 for the gory details. although Joseph tweaked the add on it made no difference. If what i just said points to a different ticket then so be it. I find this current tendency to update lots of tickets a bit hard to understand as many issues then happen at once.
I have not tested it backwards in the next branch, but once again it broke after the last release split off up until now.
The effect is that the drop of start and end markers will only work without errors if the window is not playing a file but of course has one loaded. the old bug of it losing the info on stereo and the length in 1 and 2 are still there in the latest dev of the add on. The goldwave in use for this is 5.70, 5.65 seems to be a bit more well behaved in the drop markers department.
I'd like to understand this even if i have to switch to older versions to still use it!
Joseph suggested it was this ticket, but i could not figure out as it was such a complex merge.

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link
Author

Comment 12 by briang1 on 2015-01-10 15:25
Hi again. This is a copy of next which I can say does not show the goldwave issue, and its not that old.
NonVisual Desktop Access (NVDA)
Version: next-11246,3a274ca

I hope this is of help.

Sign up for free to join this conversation on GitHub. Already have an account? Sign in to comment
Projects
None yet
Development

No branches or pull requests

2 participants