Skip to content
New issue

Have a question about this project? Sign up for a free GitHub account to open an issue and contact its maintainers and the community.

By clicking “Sign up for GitHub”, you agree to our terms of service and privacy statement. We’ll occasionally send you account related emails.

Already on GitHub? Sign in to your account

Speakers/HP Volume % is not announced when slider is edited #4269

Closed
nvaccessAuto opened this issue Jul 12, 2014 · 9 comments
Closed

Speakers/HP Volume % is not announced when slider is edited #4269

nvaccessAuto opened this issue Jul 12, 2014 · 9 comments

Comments

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link

Reported by blindbhavya on 2014-07-12 08:49
To reproduce this perform the following:
1 Press Windows + b to go to the System Tray.
2 Arrow to the Speakers/HP button and prepress Enter.
3 Press the up or down slider to adjust the system volume.
4 NVDA (using ESpeak's latest development version here) will not say anything, only the Windows sound will be heard. Only when the NVDA read current line command is given will the current volume be announced after editing.
I restarted NVDA and rechecked thissue and it persisted. After restarting NVDA and immediately changing the volume I checked the log viewer for some information of my doings that I could attach here but only information about NVDA initialization was present.
Please fix the above.

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link
Author

Comment 1 by jteh on 2014-07-12 09:12
This works as expected for me in both Windows 7 and 8.1. I'd be interested to know whether this occurs for anyone else.

Please set your log level to input/output and provide a log of reproducing this. See LogFilesAndCrashDumps for details.

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link
Author

Comment 2 by blindbhavya on 2014-07-12 10:41
Hi.
I have changed the level as instructed.
Another update to this issue. Twice I tried to reproduce the problem on the same machine in the same manner but was unsuccessful. However, later when I actually wanted to change the volume without any intention to reproduce I did it! NVDA did announce the changes. So this problem is inconsistent. I will create a log and attach it after some time.

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link
Author

Attachment nvda log.log added by blindbhavya on 2014-07-12 11:00
Description:
log file to reproduce the issue, please note that the first time I tried to reproduce I was unsuccessful, however the second time I was successful so both success and non-success are included in this log file

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link
Author

Comment 3 by briang1 on 2014-07-13 08:26
One comment. On a HP laptop I was looking at once, this effect happened and it was HP's own version of the volume control applet which caused it. Making it work through the norml Microsoft control fixed it. However now you are saying its sometimes there, sometimes not, so I'm thinking around some other software which is interacting with it in some way. What does nvda/f1 give when on the control in silent mode, so to speak.

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link
Author

Attachment NVDA F1 log viewer.rar added by blindbhavya on 2014-07-13 09:27
Description:
The NVDA log viewer for the Speakers/HP icon in the System Tray

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link
Author

Comment 4 by blindbhavya on 2014-07-13 09:29
Hi.
All the log viewer information is present in the archive in the form of a text document.
Have a look.
Please someone fix this issue.

@ehollig
Copy link
Collaborator

ehollig commented Aug 1, 2017

@bhavyashah are you still able to replicate this? I am not able to using Windows 10. I wonder if this has to do with the manufacturers volume control versus Microsoft's Volume control.

@bhavyashah
Copy link

@ehollig I don't have access to the HP machine I experienced this issue on. I do not encounter this anymore with a Windows 8.1 power Dell laptop. All in all, I am happy for this ticket to be safely closed.

@ehollig
Copy link
Collaborator

ehollig commented Aug 16, 2018

Thank you @bhavyashah. Closing as requested in #4269 (comment)

Sign up for free to join this conversation on GitHub. Already have an account? Sign in to comment
Projects
None yet
Development

No branches or pull requests

4 participants