Skip to content
New issue

Have a question about this project? Sign up for a free GitHub account to open an issue and contact its maintainers and the community.

By clicking “Sign up for GitHub”, you agree to our terms of service and privacy statement. We’ll occasionally send you account related emails.

Already on GitHub? Sign in to your account

Firefox goes blank when an application is closed and focus goes onto it #4276

Closed
nvaccessAuto opened this issue Jul 12, 2014 · 8 comments
Closed

Comments

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link

Reported by blindbhavya on 2014-07-12 12:55
Supposing I have opened an application and Firefox and I close that application and my focus goes onto Firefox it goes blank. I try press Tab but nothing happens.
I have to press Windows M and then Alt Tab to get control over Firefox again.
Why does Firefox go blank? Why cant NVDA let me interact with it?
Is this an NVDA issue?
I hope the steps to reproduce this issue are comprehensible by the above info.

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link
Author

Comment 1 by jteh on 2014-07-13 01:37
Sometimes, Windows returns focus to the previous application. Other times, it doesn't and you're left in limbo. I'm not sure of the exact rules, but this is Windows behaviour, not NVDA. On my system, it usually does seem to return focus.

What do you hear when you close the previous application? Does NVDA actually announce that Firefox has focus or does it say nothing or "Taskbar"?

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link
Author

Comment 2 by blindbhavya on 2014-07-13 05:46
Hi.
As you asked, I have found the following results.
When I closed another folder NVDA said the title of Firefox webpage (in this case #4276 (Firefox goes blank when an application is closed and focus goes onto it) – NVDA Community - Mozilla Firefox).
Again just to verify I pressed NVDA + T (read application title) and NVDA again said #4276 (Firefox goes blank when an application is closed and focus goes onto it) – NVDA Community - Mozilla Firefox. I pressed read current line command and NVDA said Blank. Only these keystrokes got some answer from NVDA, nothing else worked.

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link
Author

Comment 3 by briang1 on 2014-07-13 08:55
Actually, I think this is a fairly recent Firefox issue.Sometimes when I start it, and have heard nothing from it for quite a while, I find that its there, but not actually focussed. This can be seen by doing windows/m, then alt tab, which brings it up.
its flaky though, and its most likely to fail in two situations. After closing something like word if Firefox is running, or the very first start of the day, with nothing else running.

I am using FF31, but back a year or so ago, this was far less common.
another strange thing is that sometimes nvda will start saying all sorts of things from different parts of Firefox, as Firefox is booting as if a very fast slide show is going on as it starts. I have recently loaded in the classic look ad on but this has made no appreciable difference to this issue at all.

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link
Author

Comment 4 by blindbhavya on 2014-07-13 09:31
Hi.
Priyam1, are you a Beta tester of Firefox? If yes, please can you report this issue to Mozilla?
Also, NVDA devs, if any way you can fix this issue, please do. It would be wonderful.

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link
Author

Comment 5 by jteh on 2014-07-13 09:41
I'm running Firefox nightly builds and have never seen this issue. If it's a Firefox issue, that suggests it has already been fixed.

What does NVDA say when you press NVDA+tab in this situation?

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link
Author

Comment 6 by blindbhavya on 2014-07-15 10:29
Hi.
In this situation, when I press NVDA + Tab, NVDA says the application title and then frame read only.
Would you want a log file for this, if it could help you in fixing this bug?

@ehollig
Copy link
Collaborator

ehollig commented Oct 11, 2017

Has anyone experienced this lately with Firefox? If not, I may suggest a close as worksforme

@feerrenrut
Copy link
Contributor

This is an old issue, that describes an issue that does not seem to have been reproduced or properly understood. If someone can reproduce similar behaviour as described here, it would be clearer to open a new issue.

Sign up for free to join this conversation on GitHub. Already have an account? Sign in to comment
Projects
None yet
Development

No branches or pull requests

4 participants