Skip to content
New issue

Have a question about this project? Sign up for a free GitHub account to open an issue and contact its maintainers and the community.

By clicking “Sign up for GitHub”, you agree to our terms of service and privacy statement. We’ll occasionally send you account related emails.

Already on GitHub? Sign in to your account

CCleaner - unnecessary announcement when focus is moved to its Window #4288

Closed
nvaccessAuto opened this issue Jul 13, 2014 · 12 comments
Closed

Comments

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link

Reported by blindbhavya on 2014-07-13 13:48
This is an issue I found in CCleaner (latest version) with NVDA.
Steps to reproduce
Open CCleaner and ensure that CCleaner is the only opened application.
Press Windows M to get your focus to the Desktop.
Press Alt Tab once and then release the two keys and wait for NVDA's announcement.
NVDA says :
piriform ccleaner dialog online help check for updates {lots of system information} button with focus.
Ideally, it should just say, Piriform ccleaner dialog button with focus.
If you do not have CCleaner installed on your system, download it from piriform.com, it is a freeware.

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link
Author

Comment 1 by jteh on 2014-07-13 23:30
NVDA has to use algorithms to try to detect the caption in dialogs. In this case, it's getting it wrong, although I'd question whether the system information is in fact meant to be a sort of caption. The only way to fix this is probably to add specific code for this application.

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link
Author

Comment 2 by briang1 on 2014-07-14 07:55
I actually like it this way. with several machines and operating systems, its very handy to have the info to reinforce which you are actually in. Also the minute you start to press keys you stop it in any case.

@ehollig
Copy link
Collaborator

ehollig commented Jul 26, 2017

@bhavyashah, are you still experiencing this? On Windows 10 with CCleaner v5.32.6129 I am not able to replicate this with the results that you describe. CC @Brian1Gaff

@Brian1Gaff
Copy link

Brian1Gaff commented Jul 26, 2017 via email

@bhavyashah
Copy link

bhavyashah commented Jul 26, 2017 via email

@ehollig
Copy link
Collaborator

ehollig commented Aug 5, 2017

@bhavyashah, can you please update CCleaner to the latest version to see if the described behavior still occurs? If it does, could you please attach a log demonstrating the issue with logging level set to debug?

@Brian1Gaff
Copy link

Brian1Gaff commented Aug 5, 2017 via email

@bhavyashah
Copy link

@ehollig I hope @Brian1Gaff's testing suffices. If not, let me know and I'd be happy to chime in.

@bhavyashah
Copy link

@feerrenrut Unless this issue manifests in other places as well or the true scope is wider than we think, I probably wouldn't mind a P3 or a P4 for this ticket.

@Adriani90
Copy link
Collaborator

@bhavyashah, @Brian1Gaff the design of the GUI changed also during 2018. Could you please test again with last CCleaner Version and Report if the issue still occurs? Thanks.

@Adriani90
Copy link
Collaborator

Ok I am testing with NVDA 2019.1.1 in CCleander 5.57, the issue is still reproducible. To be clear, when starting CCleaner or when changing to its window with alt+tab, NVDA reports the system information twice and does not report the current focused control. You must press tab or shift+tab to interupt the speech and to hear which control is focused.

@Adriani90
Copy link
Collaborator

This is solved in the last version of CCleaner. Closing as works for me.

Sign up for free to join this conversation on GitHub. Already have an account? Sign in to comment
Projects
None yet
Development

No branches or pull requests

5 participants