Skip to content
New issue

Have a question about this project? Sign up for a free GitHub account to open an issue and contact its maintainers and the community.

By clicking “Sign up for GitHub”, you agree to our terms of service and privacy statement. We’ll occasionally send you account related emails.

Already on GitHub? Sign in to your account

Donation Page Should Be Translated #4307

Closed
nvaccessAuto opened this issue Jul 18, 2014 · 7 comments
Closed

Donation Page Should Be Translated #4307

nvaccessAuto opened this issue Jul 18, 2014 · 7 comments

Comments

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link

Reported by ateu on 2014-07-18 10:18
Hi dear Developers,

In last days, I've received several requests from the Portuguese list about the donation page. Many people are interested in making a donation, but unfortunately, it's not possible to them to make this, as they don't speak English. I'm sure not only in Brazil, but in all the world, there are people that aren't able to make a donation due to the same reason, so I think this really should be a priority.

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link
Author

Comment 1 by clev on 2014-07-18 16:05
Although I understand English enough, I enforce this request.

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link
Author

Comment 2 by jteh on 2014-07-20 22:22
I obviously agree that this is important. However, the question is how to manage it. It can't really be done as part of the NV Access site, since the rest of the site is English only (see #4034). Even if it were, the same restrictions would apply:
The NV Access website is our official company site. As such, every translation would have to be updated as soon as we changed anything (and before we published it) ... We'd need to know for certain that every translation was an exact translation of our content; there is no room for error or intentionally different content.

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link
Author

Comment 3 by ragb on 2014-07-20 23:10
Hi,

What I can probably do (for portuguese), while no better solution is found, is to create a donation page in portuguese. I'll need some paypal details and such from NV Access, but I'll get in touch when I get a chance to code it, if everyone agrees.

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link
Author

Comment 4 by jteh on 2014-07-21 08:19
Yeah, I considered this option too. The question is whether locale community websites are happy to publish pages for donations to NV Access. We could provide HTML and JavaScript code and instructions as to what should be translated.

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link
Author

Comment 5 by ragb (in reply to comment 4) on 2014-07-21 10:24
Hi,
Replying to jteh:

Yeah, I considered this option too. The question is whether locale community websites are happy to publish pages for donations to NV Access. We could provide HTML and JavaScript code and instructions as to what should be translated.

It will depend much on the people involved. For me it makes sense (and in the end I maintain the relevant pages alone so...) but I can see reasons for communities being somehow against it.

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link
Author

Comment 7 by vgjh2005 on 2014-08-03 09:29
Hi:
How could we decide that information that is written in the WEBPage is true? If the account of the translator is stolen by other people, and some people may be cheated.
Thanks!

@ehollig
Copy link
Collaborator

ehollig commented Aug 17, 2017

Closing as Duplicate of #6392, as it has recent comments.

Sign up for free to join this conversation on GitHub. Already have an account? Sign in to comment
Projects
None yet
Development

No branches or pull requests

3 participants