Skip to content
New issue

Have a question about this project? Sign up for a free GitHub account to open an issue and contact its maintainers and the community.

By clicking “Sign up for GitHub”, you agree to our terms of service and privacy statement. We’ll occasionally send you account related emails.

Already on GitHub? Sign in to your account

Problems with Reading comments in MS Word #4335

Closed
nvaccessAuto opened this issue Jul 28, 2014 · 4 comments
Closed

Problems with Reading comments in MS Word #4335

nvaccessAuto opened this issue Jul 28, 2014 · 4 comments

Comments

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link

Reported by netblue on 2014-07-28 05:56
Hi all, when using the keystroke NVDA+alt+c with the left alt key. NVDA, does not read the comment until the keystroke is released. This happens with all the language configurations on my keyboard. However when using the right alt key it works fine. This is a serious problem because a lot of Spanish speakers use NVDA and the right alt key is not available for this function on Spanish keyboard configurations.

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link
Author

Comment 1 by jteh on 2014-07-28 06:02
I can't reproduce this. As soon as I press the "c", the comment is read.

I also don't really understand this report. Even if it did wait until the key was released, why should this matter? Normally, you release a key as soon as you've finished pressing it. And what key are you talking about, since there are three you are pressing?

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link
Author

Comment 2 by netblue (in reply to comment 1) on 2014-07-28 07:15
Replying to jteh:

I can't reproduce this. As soon as I press the "c", the comment is read.

I also don't really understand this report. Even if it did wait until the key was released, why should this matter? Normally, you release a key as soon as you've finished pressing it. And what key are you talking about, since there are three you are pressing?

In this kais if timing is not perfect when releasing the keys then word file menu is open which slows down production greatly It is the NVDA key by itself or the control key by itself that must be released first for NVDA to read comments. Remember to try to reproduce this with the left alt key.

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link
Author

Comment 3 by jteh on 2014-07-28 07:18
Still can't reproduce it. Note that there was a next snapshot last week which would have caused this, but this has already been fixed. Please ensure you're running the latest next snapshot.

@ehollig
Copy link
Collaborator

ehollig commented Sep 5, 2017

Closing, as no one is able to reproduce this issue, we are unable to contact the original poster, as far as I am aware of, and the issue that may of caused this has been resolved in snapshots as stated in #4335 (comment)

Sign up for free to join this conversation on GitHub. Already have an account? Sign in to comment
Projects
None yet
Development

No branches or pull requests

3 participants