Skip to content
New issue

Have a question about this project? Sign up for a free GitHub account to open an issue and contact its maintainers and the community.

By clicking “Sign up for GitHub”, you agree to our terms of service and privacy statement. We’ll occasionally send you account related emails.

Already on GitHub? Sign in to your account

Improvement for reading comments in MS Word #4336

Open
nvaccessAuto opened this issue Jul 28, 2014 · 6 comments
Open

Improvement for reading comments in MS Word #4336

nvaccessAuto opened this issue Jul 28, 2014 · 6 comments

Comments

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link

Reported by netblue on 2014-07-28 05:58
Hi all NVDA, can now read comments in MS Word, but there is no way to read the responds to a comment. As you all know, this is a much needed function especially when working on documents which requires different inputs from several collaborators. So please add this function to NVDA THANKS.

@LeonarddeR
Copy link
Collaborator

There is a proper work around for this by using the elements list in Word browse mode. I think this can be closed.

@bhavyashah
Copy link

@Qchristensen Could you please share any thoughts you may have about the work-around @LeonarddeR hints at in #4336 (comment) with reference to the this ticket?

@Qchristensen
Copy link

My two thoughts on this are:

• ideally, NVDA+alt+c should read the comment and any replies to that comment, so unless there is a technical block on being able to implement this, I'd personally be inclined to leave it open. Someone looking for comments can find the original comment in the text, but there is no indication that there is a reply aside from using the elements list.
  • The elements list is useful as it can show the "thread" if there is more than one comment. I don't like that you can move between annotations with A (then read each with NVDA+alt+c ) and get an incomplete list compared to what is found in the elements list. Ideally, they should be the same, just as if you press H you move through the same list of headings and in the elements list.
  • Instead of reading "Has comment", where there are replies, the indication should be "has multiple comments". I thought of "has comments" but it's a very subtle difference, particularly while NVDA+alt+c doesn't read all the attached comments.

@LeonarddeR
Copy link
Collaborator

I belief it would be very handy as well to allow nvda+alt+c pressed twice to view the comment and associated replies in a browsable message.

@Adriani90
Copy link
Collaborator

cc: @michaelDCurran, @paulber007 your thoughts are very apreciated here. Thanks.

@Adriani90
Copy link
Collaborator

@LeonarddeR or shift+f2 which brings an overlay dialog like in MS Excel.

Sign up for free to join this conversation on GitHub. Already have an account? Sign in to comment
Projects
None yet
Development

No branches or pull requests

6 participants