Skip to content
New issue

Have a question about this project? Sign up for a free GitHub account to open an issue and contact its maintainers and the community.

By clicking “Sign up for GitHub”, you agree to our terms of service and privacy statement. We’ll occasionally send you account related emails.

Already on GitHub? Sign in to your account

browse mode and read link text. #4343

Closed
nvaccessAuto opened this issue Jul 30, 2014 · 3 comments
Closed

browse mode and read link text. #4343

nvaccessAuto opened this issue Jul 30, 2014 · 3 comments

Comments

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link

Reported by khsruru on 2014-07-30 03:55
Hello, I’m Hyongsop Kim in Korea.
I have a suggestion about Nvda browse mode and reading link text that automatically changed contents every some seconds.
Now if a link contents is changed every some second and have no aria live region attribute, Nvda won’t read changed contents even if browse mode focus is there.
Nvda only reads the item that focus approached to there, but if the user press enter key at that link, the result might be different that the user expected.
Because before the user press enter key, the link contents might be changed already, but the users didn’t know that the link text contents is changed.
So I think that once the focus is there, Nvda should read the link changing contents.
You can test about this.
Go to http://www.hims-inc.com
Next to main navigation, there is a banner link.
The link text is changed every some seconds.

Thank you.

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link
Author

Comment 1 by jteh on 2014-08-13 02:01
The link actually doesn't change its contents. The old link gets removed and a new one is added in its place, but they don't focus the new link, even if the previous link in that spot was focused. If the link were changing its contents or the new link got focus because the old one had it, we'd already handle this.
Changes:
Added labels: cantfix
State: closed

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link
Author

Comment 2 by khsruru on 2014-08-20 23:05
Hello, thank you for your reply.
But as I gave example site, the link content is changed.
In other words, once my browse mode focus is reached the banner link and still 10 seconds and press enter, the link that different content is opened.
But Nvda users can’t catch it.
Please check again this issue.

Thank you.

Changes:
Removed labels: cantfix
State: reopened

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link
Author

Comment 3 by jteh on 2014-08-21 02:30
I did check your example. As I explained, the link doesn't actually change. It just gets removed completely. The cursor has to land somewhere, so it lands on the new link. The only way we could do as you're requesting is to speak the object under the cursor every time it changes, but that would be extremely annoying on many sites and would cause double speaking in cases where the link actually does change and isn't just replaced. If the site were to focus the new link if it is removing the focused link, this would work correctly.
Changes:
Added labels: cantfix
State: closed

Sign up for free to join this conversation on GitHub. Already have an account? Sign in to comment
Projects
None yet
Development

No branches or pull requests

1 participant