Skip to content
New issue

Have a question about this project? Sign up for a free GitHub account to open an issue and contact its maintainers and the community.

By clicking “Sign up for GitHub”, you agree to our terms of service and privacy statement. We’ll occasionally send you account related emails.

Already on GitHub? Sign in to your account

ability to edit NVDA application strings and reorder them #4349

Closed
nvaccessAuto opened this issue Aug 1, 2014 · 3 comments
Closed

ability to edit NVDA application strings and reorder them #4349

nvaccessAuto opened this issue Aug 1, 2014 · 3 comments

Comments

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link

Reported by finnbox64 on 2014-08-01 06:19
Allows NVDA to say, for example, buton OK, or, OK clickable button, etc. This could be implemented via a GUI dialog or through an XML-based strings file

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link
Author

Comment 1 by briang1 on 2014-08-01 10:06
I'd be a bit worried about how much such a feature might slow nvda down. Maybe if it is done, it might be better to include it in a control labelling feature, which could also label buttons and controls that just say button or link. In this scenario, though a specific identifier for a given control has to be stored and matched each time. In that case it probably makes sense to make this application specific.
Sounds like a lot of work to me...

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link
Author

nvaccessAuto commented Aug 1, 2014

Comment 2 by vgjh2005 on 2014-08-01 11:55
Hi:
I have created a similar ticket for this. The address is #3984. I also hope that this problem can be solved as soon as possible.
Thanks.

@ehollig
Copy link
Collaborator

ehollig commented Aug 17, 2017

Closing as Duplicate of #1772

Sign up for free to join this conversation on GitHub. Already have an account? Sign in to comment
Projects
None yet
Development

No branches or pull requests

2 participants