Skip to content
New issue

Have a question about this project? Sign up for a free GitHub account to open an issue and contact its maintainers and the community.

By clicking “Sign up for GitHub”, you agree to our terms of service and privacy statement. We’ll occasionally send you account related emails.

Already on GitHub? Sign in to your account

conversion of all NVDA reference documents for e.g. License under Help submenu #4359

Closed
nvaccessAuto opened this issue Aug 2, 2014 · 6 comments

Comments

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link

Reported by blindbhavya on 2014-08-02 17:25
Hi.
I feel that everything should be universalized.
So, the License found under the Help submenu and all other such files should be converted into HTML files such as the User Guide and all other documentation files.
Note : My previous ticket should not be closed because of this because it mentioned another request as well, while this ticket only deals with the request to convert all documents into HTML files.

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link
Author

Comment 1 by jteh on 2014-08-03 10:18
Is there any really need for this? These documents are already quite readable as is. The license document would be fairly difficult to convert to HTML, as many of the original licenses don't have HTML versions, so there would be a lot of work required to format them.

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link
Author

Comment 2 by blindbhavya on 2014-08-03 10:59
Hi.
I feel its need because I believe in uniformity.
Also, HTML files are required for quick navigation, for example you could divide the document into multiple headings in an HTML file and the user could press to go quickly to those subheadings.

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link
Author

Comment 3 by jteh on 2014-08-03 22:44
Quick navigation is a fair argument for the license, but not for contributors, which is just a simple list and therefore can't be navigated any differently.

Another thing that just occurred to me is that we actually need the license to be in text format for the installer, as we can't display HTML there, at least for now. Having two copies (one text and one HTML) would be redundant and difficult to maintain.

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link
Author

Comment 4 by blindbhavya on 2014-08-04 12:05
at least for now.
Why have you made the above statement?
Would maintaining two copies be that difficult?

@bhavyashah
Copy link

@jcsteh Please excuse #4359 (comment) and feel free to close this ticket. @ehollig

@ehollig
Copy link
Collaborator

ehollig commented Aug 2, 2017

As requested in #4359 (comment)

@ehollig ehollig closed this as completed Aug 2, 2017
Sign up for free to join this conversation on GitHub. Already have an account? Sign in to comment
Projects
None yet
Development

No branches or pull requests

3 participants