Skip to content
New issue

Have a question about this project? Sign up for a free GitHub account to open an issue and contact its maintainers and the community.

By clicking “Sign up for GitHub”, you agree to our terms of service and privacy statement. We’ll occasionally send you account related emails.

Already on GitHub? Sign in to your account

When in M-S-word 2010 the alinement isnt isn't spoken when pressing insert-f to read the formatting #4380

Closed
nvaccessAuto opened this issue Aug 11, 2014 · 10 comments

Comments

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link

Reported by johnythehess on 2014-08-11 20:15
After I center a page and press insert-f I hear the font but not weather the page is centered.

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link
Author

Comment 1 by nvdakor on 2014-08-11 20:21
Hi,
This was added in 2014.3, so I'll mark it as duplicate of #1353 (or other ticket). Thanks.

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link
Author

Comment 2 by jteh on 2014-08-12 04:07
Actually, paragraph alignment for report formatting was implemented back in 2011. Can you please provide exact steps to reproduce and exactly what NVDA said when you pressed NVDA+f? For me, I hear, for example, "align center" at the end of the other formatting information.

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link
Author

Comment 3 by johnythehess on 2014-08-12 12:57
When in Word I hear font name, point size and color. Example: 11 PT Verdana Black on white. no info about centered or any justification.

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link
Author

Comment 4 by jteh on 2014-08-12 13:46
Is your review mode set to screen review by any chance? NVDA+f gets the formatting at the review cursor, so if NVDA is set to screen review, it will use screen information, not proper information from Word.

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link
Author

Comment 5 by johnythehess on 2014-08-12 14:23
Ahh! didn't know that. thanks! Is that something that might be changed where it would use the information from the writing or PC curser? Just a question. I could see people getting a bit tripped up by that especially if they like to leave it in screen review. I am extremely impressed at how outlook calendar support has come along also. Thanks.

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link
Author

Comment 6 by jteh on 2014-08-12 14:36
The reason we do it this way is that it makes that command a lot more flexible without needing to have two commands; i.e. you can use it without having to move the system caret if you want to. Normally, the review cursor follows the system caret and focus, so this isn't a problem. However, if you use screen review, this isn't the case. We'll need to think on this. Perhaps this command needs ot be configurable for those that use screen review a lot.

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link
Author

Comment 7 by johnythehess on 2014-08-12 14:46
Sounds good and thanks. Do I need to close this or how is that done?

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link
Author

Comment 8 by jteh on 2014-08-12 15:53
Leave it open for now. We might morph it into a request to make the behaviour of NVDA+f configurable as I described above if we feel it is appropriate.

@bhavyashah
Copy link

I was certainly one of those who was flummoxed in my early days with NVDA when things like NVDA+. and NVDA+F (laptop keyboard layout) reported in the context of the character focused by screen review. However, I don't think I follow @jcsteh in terms of the proposed NVDA+F configurability. Could you please shed some more light on this and morph this ticket accordingly?

@jcsteh
Copy link
Contributor

jcsteh commented Aug 20, 2017

On further thought, I think making this configurable would just make things more confusing as you say. Closing as won't fix.

Sign up for free to join this conversation on GitHub. Already have an account? Sign in to comment
Projects
None yet
Development

No branches or pull requests

4 participants