Skip to content
New issue

Have a question about this project? Sign up for a free GitHub account to open an issue and contact its maintainers and the community.

By clicking “Sign up for GitHub”, you agree to our terms of service and privacy statement. We’ll occasionally send you account related emails.

Already on GitHub? Sign in to your account

Error messages for setting row/column headers should note that report tables must be enabled too #4384

Open
nvaccessAuto opened this issue Aug 12, 2014 · 4 comments
Labels
bug p4 https://github.com/nvaccess/nvda/blob/master/projectDocs/issues/triage.md#priority

Comments

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link

Reported by ondrosik on 2014-08-12 10:55
NVDA simply doesn't report column and row headers when I uncheck report tables under document formatting settings. I am not sure if this is intentional, but if yes, we should rewrite the error strings for adding column and row headers littlebit. Now it says that it is necessary to enable reporting of table headers but it should also include that it is necessary enable reporting of tables too.

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link
Author

Comment 1 by jteh on 2014-08-13 01:43
It is intentional. You're correct that we should fix the error messages. I don't think this is important enough to break the string freeze for 2014.3, but we should definitely fix this after that.
Changes:
Changed title from "NVDA doesn't report cel and row headers when report tables checkbox is not checked" to "Error messages for setting row/column headers should note that report tables must be enabled too"
Milestone changed from None to next

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link
Author

Comment 2 by nvdakor on 2014-08-26 23:30
Hi,
This can be done by adding a check to make sure report tables setting is enabled. We also need to tell users via user guide that these two settings must be enabled for header announcements to work.
For the message itself, would you want the message to include report tables setting as well?
For implementation, let's wait until 2014.3 goes live before working on this ticket.

@nvaccessAuto nvaccessAuto added this to the next milestone Nov 10, 2015
@jcsteh jcsteh removed this from the next milestone Jun 24, 2016
@nvaccessAuto nvaccessAuto added the p4 https://github.com/nvaccess/nvda/blob/master/projectDocs/issues/triage.md#priority label Jul 5, 2016
@Adriani90
Copy link
Collaborator

Actually a link between the check boxes would be enough. So if the one is disabled and other check boxes depend on it, then the dependent check boxes should be unavailable for check or uncheck Action. Is this possible?

@josephsl
Copy link
Collaborator

josephsl commented Jan 2, 2019

Hi,

Yes via a checkbox event handler. Note that this must be done from the master checkbox, not the dependent ones. Once I get a firm grasp of the issue, I'll cook up a pull request that should (finally) resolve this after four years.

Thanks.

Sign up for free to join this conversation on GitHub. Already have an account? Sign in to comment
Labels
bug p4 https://github.com/nvaccess/nvda/blob/master/projectDocs/issues/triage.md#priority
Projects
None yet
Development

No branches or pull requests

4 participants