Skip to content
New issue

Have a question about this project? Sign up for a free GitHub account to open an issue and contact its maintainers and the community.

By clicking “Sign up for GitHub”, you agree to our terms of service and privacy statement. We’ll occasionally send you account related emails.

Already on GitHub? Sign in to your account

Nvda quit by itself at sign in screen #4395

Closed
nvaccessAuto opened this issue Aug 15, 2014 · 4 comments
Closed

Nvda quit by itself at sign in screen #4395

nvaccessAuto opened this issue Aug 15, 2014 · 4 comments

Comments

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link

Reported by christopherh40 on 2014-08-15 11:25
Can any of you duplicate the following please.

1. Make sure Nvda is set to be used at the Windows logon and other secure screens.
  2. Shut down or restart your computer. If you're logged in automatically sign out by pressing Windows-x, u, i.
  3. Does Nvda quit on you seconds after it loads? Because it does at my end. See I have a PIN set on my account so I am asked for it at the sign in screen. But when I start typing it Nvda just quits working for me. I have to resort to Narrator to help me complete the process. Not a big deal but never had any trouble with Nvda on Windows 7. But the strange thing is Nvda is completely stable once I've signed in.
@nvaccessAuto
Copy link
Author

Comment 1 by nvdakor on 2014-08-15 11:27
Hi,
I cannot reproduce this. can enter my password fine and NVDA doesn't quit on me. Thanks.

@bhavyashah
Copy link

I do not have a password to log in to my computer, but I have never heard reports of something fairly critical as this elsewhere. Since this ticket is more than 3 years old and we have no means of contacting the original author of this ticket for further diagnosis, unless we receive feedback confirming the reported issue, I suggest closing. @ehollig

@Brian1Gaff
Copy link

Brian1Gaff commented Aug 18, 2017 via email

@ehollig
Copy link
Collaborator

ehollig commented Aug 19, 2017

Closing, as we are unable to contact the original poster for more information or to clarify if this is still occurring for them. Also, @josephsl mentioned in #4395 (comment) that it worked for him. In order to determine what may be going on with this specific case, we would need a crash dump to see why NVDA crashes.

Sign up for free to join this conversation on GitHub. Already have an account? Sign in to comment
Projects
None yet
Development

No branches or pull requests

5 participants