Skip to content
New issue

Have a question about this project? Sign up for a free GitHub account to open an issue and contact its maintainers and the community.

By clicking “Sign up for GitHub”, you agree to our terms of service and privacy statement. We’ll occasionally send you account related emails.

Already on GitHub? Sign in to your account

NVDA should allow move mouse with keyboard #4399

Closed
nvaccessAuto opened this issue Aug 18, 2014 · 13 comments
Closed

NVDA should allow move mouse with keyboard #4399

nvaccessAuto opened this issue Aug 18, 2014 · 13 comments

Comments

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link

Reported by vgjh2005 on 2014-08-18 09:01
Hi:
I've read ticket 1574. I want to reopen it, but I don't find the reopen radio button on the page. So, I recreate a ticket about it. I tried to use windows keyboard mouse. But the mouse is controlled difficultly. It is difficulty to set the movement distance based on different screen setting font setting theme setting etc. Then some laptops have not FN key to swich to use numpad keyboard. The screen layout is not the same in different situations. So I want to add keyboard mouse support. It is trouble to right click on a object. We have to move the review cursor to the focus then move the mouse to the review, press right click key at last.
Thanks!

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link
Author

Comment 1 by nvdakor on 2014-08-18 09:10
Hi,
I hgave reopened #1574, but I expect it to be closed again.
Changes:
Added labels: duplicate
State: closed

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link
Author

Comment 2 by jteh on 2014-08-19 00:50
It sounds like what you really want is to move the review cursor and then click the mouse. This is really not at all difficult. It's one extra keystroke to route the mouse to the review cursor.

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link
Author

Comment 3 by vgjh2005 on 2014-08-19 01:57
Hi:
The movement speed of the mouse is controlled by two sliders. If one of these factors is different, and the speed settings also have to be different completely:
1.font size;
2.Screen resolution;
3.Mouse pointer;
4.Icon style;
for below reasons, Nobody can give a deciding values for those. However, we need a low vision person to help us to make the exact speed settings.
Mouse tracker for NVDA function is very very strong. Some objects that don't be found by using review cursor, we can use the mouse to find it by moving actual mouse. There are a software called format factory:https://onedrive.live.com/redir?resid=BE163853C2E97545%2112485
There is a list to select format to be generated.
Please comment below.
Thanks.

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link
Author

Comment 4 by vgjh2005 on 2014-08-19 01:58
Changes:
Removed labels: duplicate
State: reopened

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link
Author

Comment 5 by jteh on 2014-08-19 06:10
If you can find it with the mouse and NVDA announces it, you can almost certainly find it with object navigation/review cursor. There are some rare cases where this isn't true, but they're just that: rare.

Anyway, any kind of pure mouse movement commands in NVDA would suffer from the same problems you describe. Screen size, etc. is always going to affect mouse movement.

Regardless, if this is what you actually want, this is definitely a duplicate.

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link
Author

Comment 6 by jteh on 2014-08-19 06:10
Changes:
Added labels: duplicate
State: closed

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link
Author

Comment 7 by vgjh2005 on 2014-08-19 10:26
Hi:
Pleas test the format factory. I have found lots of software that don't be arrived at all by using review cursor. There are also no key to display the content menu in review cursor. If you need example for that, I will upload it here.
Thanks!

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link
Author

Comment 8 by jteh on 2014-08-20 07:25
Right mouse clicks generally display context menus. Regardless, none of this changes the fact that if NVDA implements mouse movement keys, it won't solve any of the problems you have with Windows mouse keys. It'll just duplicate the same functionality and waste a huge number of keys we could use for other functions.

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link
Author

Comment 9 by vgjh2005 on 2014-08-20 10:41
Hi:
Did you make test with formatFactory? For example, I add a avi file to the file list. I want to convert it to mp4 file. I have to select filetype mp4 in the format list. But I cannot do that with review cursor. But I use the mouse to move to it, and I could hear them(mp4, rmvb etc). If add keyboard mouse support, don't the problem will solve? Thanks!

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link
Author

Comment 10 by vgjh2005 on 2014-08-20 10:54
Hi:
There are not FN key and Numpad key in some laptop. How to do for them to use windows keyboard mouse?
Thanks!

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link
Author

Comment 11 by vgjh2005 on 2014-12-02 13:44
Hi:
NVDA cannot activate some controls that are especial
and NVDA don't support specially by pressing nvda+numpadenter.
For example, when using touch screen, if the control don't be activated by this command, users will have no idea to click it and will become trouble. Add mouse keyboard support will solve this problem easily.
Add a hotkey to switch between mouse and cursor. If this can be done, I think control will become more and more easier.
Thanks!

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link
Author

Comment 12 by jteh on 2014-12-02 23:05
As I've already pointed out, you can already route the mouse to and click these objects; desktop: NVDA+numpadMultiply then numpadMultiply. Mouse movement keys will not help here since what you want to do is already possible.

Note that we're looking at making NVDA+numpadEnter click if there is no action.

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link
Author

Comment 13 by vgjh2005 (in reply to comment 12) on 2014-12-03 01:34
Replying to jteh:

As I've already pointed out, you can already route the mouse to and click these objects; desktop: NVDA+numpadMultiply then numpadMultiply. Mouse movement keys will not help here since what you want to do is already possible.

My trouble solution is that setting a touch gesture to route the mouse and set a touch gesture to left and right click. I think this isn't a good experience on touch screen.

Note that we're looking at making NVDA+numpadEnter click if there is no action.

Do you still remember tencentQQ? All control on it cannot use this action at all. You can open the software and find a control to perform this action. I think that this problem can be solved finally by adding some code, but however this problem will not be solved completely.
Thanks!

Sign up for free to join this conversation on GitHub. Already have an account? Sign in to comment
Projects
None yet
Development

No branches or pull requests

1 participant