Skip to content
New issue

Have a question about this project? Sign up for a free GitHub account to open an issue and contact its maintainers and the community.

By clicking “Sign up for GitHub”, you agree to our terms of service and privacy statement. We’ll occasionally send you account related emails.

Already on GitHub? Sign in to your account

NVDA crashes testing to create a plugin with a wx menu #4424

Closed
nvaccessAuto opened this issue Aug 27, 2014 · 7 comments
Closed

NVDA crashes testing to create a plugin with a wx menu #4424

nvaccessAuto opened this issue Aug 27, 2014 · 7 comments

Comments

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link

Reported by norrumar on 2014-08-27 06:04
While creating an unfinished add-on, in the test process, NVDA crashes, probably due to something done with wx menus.
If this plugin was continued, functions to up and down list items in a dialog should be reviewed, probably not disabling the buttons when the first of last element can't up and down throught the list items.

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link
Author

Attachment nvda_crash.dmp added by norrumar on 2014-08-27 06:06
Description:
Crash dump

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link
Author

Attachment dictionaryManager.py added by norrumar on 2014-08-27 06:08
Description:
Unfinished plugin

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link
Author

Comment 1 by jteh on 2014-08-27 09:12
This is almost certainly a bug in wxPython.

@bhavyashah
Copy link

@jcsteh indicates that the reported issue is almost certainly a WxPython bug in #4424 (comment), does our upgrade to a newer version of WxPython affect this ticket in any way? @josephsl

@Adriani90
Copy link
Collaborator

@josephsl, @jcsteh, @norrumar is this issue still valid given the new WX Python Version used in NVDA now?

@josephsl
Copy link
Collaborator

josephsl commented Jan 2, 2019

Hi,

Original poster: @nvdaes, can we get an updated version of dictionary manager if you don't mind attaching it here or sending it to add-ons list? Thanks.

@nvdaes
Copy link
Sponsor Contributor

nvdaes commented Jan 2, 2019

Hi, seems the attached pluggin is lost. Unfrtunately, I'm not good saving previous work locally, and frequently I loose previous works if I don't save it on a remote repo (sorry but order and planning or saving things to find them later is not one of my abilities. I have found a conversation on the old add-ons list where we commented with @Christianlm the possibility of creating a dictionary manager with a combo box to choose different dictionaries talking about Emoticons add-on. This is implemented in Emoticons but not with a combo box, but using different dictionaries for profiles.
So, I could work in a dictionary manager if neeced, but imo this issue could be closed since I don't have the original plugin.
Cheers.

@josephsl josephsl closed this as completed Jan 2, 2019
Sign up for free to join this conversation on GitHub. Already have an account? Sign in to comment
Projects
None yet
Development

No branches or pull requests

5 participants