Skip to content
New issue

Have a question about this project? Sign up for a free GitHub account to open an issue and contact its maintainers and the community.

By clicking “Sign up for GitHub”, you agree to our terms of service and privacy statement. We’ll occasionally send you account related emails.

Already on GitHub? Sign in to your account

Issue with progress bar in firefox 3.5 html5 audio player #448

Closed
nvaccessAuto opened this issue Jan 1, 2010 · 14 comments
Closed

Issue with progress bar in firefox 3.5 html5 audio player #448

nvaccessAuto opened this issue Jan 1, 2010 · 14 comments
Labels
app/firefox blocked/needs-external-fix bug feature/browse-mode p4 https://github.com/nvaccess/nvda/blob/master/projectDocs/issues/triage.md#priority

Comments

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link

Reported by aleksey_s on 2009-11-01 07:53

steps to reproduce

current results

NVDA will each time read "out of progress bar in progress bar X" (where X is an actual character).

expected results

NVDA must announce this information only when you actually leave that progress bar instead while you are moving through it.

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link
Author

Comment 1 by Bernd on 2012-07-13 23:02
Is this still true for newer versions of Firefox? If no we should close this ticket as worksforme

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link
Author

Comment 2 by jteh on 2012-07-15 23:30
Still true.

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link
Author

Comment 3 by nvdakor on 2015-01-16 00:05
Hi,
Is this true now? Thanks.

@derekriemer
Copy link
Collaborator

Hi: can't reproduce any more. Is this still true? if so, how to reproduce?

@feerrenrut
Copy link
Contributor

Chrome Version 55.0.2883.87 m

Press tab until "slider editable film time scrubber blank" is reported. Move the time scrubber (to alter the position withing the file).
No position information is reported.

Press tab twice more, "media control 0.75 media control" is reported. This controls the volume.
When left and right are pressed the normalised volume level is reported (E.G. 0.74 0.73 0.72)

Firefox Version 50.0.2

Switch to focus mode (I could not find a way to control this in browse mode)
tab until "grouping" is reported
left and right alter the position within the audio file. With each key press the position is reported using the progress bar tones.
space plays and pauses the file, not reported by nvda
up and down alter the volume, not reported by nvda

In browse mode I was able to get nvda to read the position (in percent) of the progress bar. This seems to reproduce the issue:
Press tab until "nvda_demonstration_r380.ogg document" is reported, then pressing ctrl+right arrow several times I get the following output:

button
Pause
out of button
progress bar
1.21533709392889%
out of progress bar
progress bar
4.56%
out of progress bar
slider
out of slider
button
Mute
out of button
slider

I'm not sure what the first progress bar is (at 1.21533709392889%).
The progress bar 4.56% seems to be the position in the file.
I don't know what "slider 14" is
The control "slider 100" seems to be the volume control.

Firefox Version 50.1.0

Similar behaviour to version 50.0.2

Internet Explorer Version: 11.576.14393.0

Update Versions: 11.0.38 (KB3203621)

Unable to play the file within the browser.

@feerrenrut
Copy link
Contributor

It seems like the behaviour here could be improved. I'll set this to priority 3 for now.

@feerrenrut feerrenrut added the p4 https://github.com/nvaccess/nvda/blob/master/projectDocs/issues/triage.md#priority label Dec 28, 2016
@Adriani90
Copy link
Collaborator

This is not reproducible with NVDA 2017.3 and Firefox 60.0.2. When navigating with arrow keys, the Progress bar is only reported when entering or leaving it. When pressind ctrl + arrow keys NVDA treats the numbers as single word. That's why Progress bar and out of Progress bar is reported before and after the numbers. The numbers are in different Progress bars.

@feerrenrut I suggest closing it because the original issue reported is not reproducible when following the instructions in the issue.

@Brian1Gaff
Copy link

Brian1Gaff commented Jul 4, 2018 via email

@feerrenrut
Copy link
Contributor

feerrenrut commented Aug 6, 2018

When testing this again:

Chrome version 67.0.3396.99 seems to be quite accessible

Firefox version 61.0.1:
Still seems to have similar issues. The positions of the progress bars are reported as percentages (with an excessive level of precision. Neither of the progress bars (position in file, volume) seem to be labelled.

@DrSooom
Copy link

DrSooom commented Feb 12, 2019

Actual behaviour in Firefox 65.0 with NVDA 2018.1:

• Loading progress bar: 123.1234567890123%
  • Playing progress bar: 123.1234567890123%
  • Current position slider: 1234 (for 0:00:01.234, h:mm:ss.ms)
  • Volume slider: 100

Expected behaviour:

• Loading progress bar: 123.12%
  • Playing progress bar: 123.12%
  • Current position slider: 00:01 / 59:59 (mm:ss; current / total)
    0:00:01 should be shown only for media files which a longer than 1 hour.
  • Volume slider: 100%

I only reported the HTML audio tag. An additional look at the HTML video tag is required too.
CC: @MarcoZehe and @jcsteh: I guess this has to be changed on Mozilla's side, right?

@jcsteh
Copy link
Contributor

jcsteh commented Feb 12, 2019

Yes, this needs to be fixed in Firefox. We're tracking this in Mozilla bug 1496851.

@fisher729
Copy link

Hi.

Therefore, can this be closed, as an external fix is needed. @jcsteh

@Adriani90
Copy link
Collaborator

I guess Jamie will close it as soon as the Firefox bug is being fixed. I propose to let this issue open since there might come other users accross this issue and they might report it to Mozilla or might comment on the bug which is referenced above.

@jcsteh
Copy link
Contributor

jcsteh commented Aug 30, 2020

https://bugzil.la/1496851 is fixed for Firefox 81, along with other bugs impacting screen reader usage of native video and audio controls: https://bugzil.la/1622995, https://bugzil.la/1659641. There will probably be further fixes coming, but I believe this covers the problems discussed here.

Sign up for free to join this conversation on GitHub. Already have an account? Sign in to comment
Labels
app/firefox blocked/needs-external-fix bug feature/browse-mode p4 https://github.com/nvaccess/nvda/blob/master/projectDocs/issues/triage.md#priority
Projects
None yet
Development

No branches or pull requests

9 participants