Skip to content
New issue

Have a question about this project? Sign up for a free GitHub account to open an issue and contact its maintainers and the community.

By clicking “Sign up for GitHub”, you agree to our terms of service and privacy statement. We’ll occasionally send you account related emails.

Already on GitHub? Sign in to your account

Provide More Feedback on Paragraph Formatting #4494

Closed
nvaccessAuto opened this issue Sep 26, 2014 · 6 comments
Closed

Provide More Feedback on Paragraph Formatting #4494

nvaccessAuto opened this issue Sep 26, 2014 · 6 comments

Comments

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link

Reported by netblue on 2014-09-26 22:26
Hi, it is great that NVDA can now report paragraph formatting but it would be very useful if NVDA, could report the following:

Indent a paragraph from the left CTRL+M

Remove a paragraph indent from the left CTRL+SHIFT+M

Create a hanging indent CTRL+T

Reduce a hanging indent CTRL+SHIFT+T

Remove paragraph formatting CTRL+Q

As you can see, these commands are used to quickly apply formatting and user efficiency would improve significantly if NVDA could have this capability.
If NVDA already supports this and for some reason I missed it. I would like to inform that it does not work in Spanish version of Word.
Note: for development reasons I only mentioned the English commands, of Corse if this feature was to be added then translation is necessary.

@ehollig
Copy link
Collaborator

ehollig commented Aug 19, 2017

This works correctly for me using Microsoft Office Word 2016 (English). Testing performed:

1. Open MS Word
  2. Type a sentence, "The brown fox jumps over the lazy dog."
  3. Perform one of the above commands, (Example: CTRL+M, CTRL+Shift+M, CTRL+T, CTRL+Shift+T, CTRL+Q)
  4. After performing one of the above commands, report formatting with NVDA+F

Expected and Actual Behavior

NVDA correctly announces the indentation of the paragraph with the command performed.

The original poster, however, is using Word in a different language. I am unsure if this would make a difference. CC @michaelDCurran

@zstanecic
Copy link
Contributor

zstanecic commented Aug 19, 2017 via email

@Adriani90
Copy link
Collaborator

It is properly reported when pressing NVDA+f. I am using Word 2016 in german. However, I think the user wanted it to be reported when pressing the key stroke. Not when pressing nvda+f.

@Adriani90
Copy link
Collaborator

cc: @paulber007

@CyrilleB79
Copy link
Collaborator

Seems a duplicate of #6269

@Adriani90
Copy link
Collaborator

Thanks for picking this @CyrilleB79. I am closing this one as duplicate.

Sign up for free to join this conversation on GitHub. Already have an account? Sign in to comment
Projects
None yet
Development

No branches or pull requests

6 participants