Skip to content
New issue

Have a question about this project? Sign up for a free GitHub account to open an issue and contact its maintainers and the community.

By clicking “Sign up for GitHub”, you agree to our terms of service and privacy statement. We’ll occasionally send you account related emails.

Already on GitHub? Sign in to your account

improvement in 3. Getting and Setting Up NVDA documentation #4514

Closed
nvaccessAuto opened this issue Oct 1, 2014 · 2 comments
Closed

improvement in 3. Getting and Setting Up NVDA documentation #4514

nvaccessAuto opened this issue Oct 1, 2014 · 2 comments

Comments

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link

Reported by blindbhavya on 2014-10-01 12:32
Following are some suggestions for the 3. Getting and Setting Up NVDA section of the User Guide.
1 'Installing NVDA will allow for additional functionality such'
I am not sure, but is 'for' correctly used in this sentence. I might be wrong here, but something doesn't seem right in this sentence.
2 'is not supported at this time. '
According to me, rewording it as 'is not currently supported' (idea is to replace 'at this time' with 'currently', 'currently' may be used in various places, such : as before and or 'supported') would make it sound a bit more polished.
Hope I was clear and detailed enough.

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link
Author

Comment 1 by jteh (in reply to comment description) on 2014-10-02 06:08
Replying to blindbhavya:

1 'Installing NVDA will allow for additional functionality such'

I am not sure, but is 'for' correctly used in this sentence.

It is correct usage. With respect, please don't request such linguistic corrections unless you're certain they're actually incorrect. While we obviously want this to be as professional as possible, we don't have the time to spend explaining the finer aspects of English grammar.

2 'is not supported at this time. '

According to me, rewording it as 'is not currently supported' (idea is to replace 'at this time' with 'currently', 'currently' may be used in various places, such : as before and or 'supported') would make it sound a bit more polished.

Either is quite valid.
Changes:
Added labels: wontfix
State: closed

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link
Author

Comment 2 by blindbhavya on 2014-10-02 07:14
Ok and sorry.
I was quite sure of the first suggestion but probably I was wrong.

Sign up for free to join this conversation on GitHub. Already have an account? Sign in to comment
Projects
None yet
Development

No branches or pull requests

1 participant