Skip to content
New issue

Have a question about this project? Sign up for a free GitHub account to open an issue and contact its maintainers and the community.

By clicking “Sign up for GitHub”, you agree to our terms of service and privacy statement. We’ll occasionally send you account related emails.

Already on GitHub? Sign in to your account

improvement in 3.2. Installing NVDA documentation #4516

Closed
nvaccessAuto opened this issue Oct 1, 2014 · 2 comments
Closed

improvement in 3.2. Installing NVDA documentation #4516

nvaccessAuto opened this issue Oct 1, 2014 · 2 comments

Comments

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link

Reported by blindbhavya on 2014-10-01 12:35
Following is a suggestion for the 3.2. Installing NVDA section of the User Guide.
Currently, the steps are given in the form of a paragraph. The documentation readibility would be greatly enhanced, if this topic were to be in the for of a list, with each step in the process being a list item.
For e.g.
List with (number of steps) items
first list item = first first step
second list item = second step
and so on...
This rule should be applied universally i.e. wherever possible sections of User Guide should have each step as a separate list item for improved readablility.
I hope I was clear and detailed enough.

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link
Author

Comment 1 by jteh on 2014-10-02 06:15
In general, I agree. However, this section would be pretty hard to write as individual steps, as some of the steps depend on how you launched NVDA. Furthermore, some fo the sentences aren't even steps; e.g. "There are also a few options in this dialog which are explained below." IMO, converting this into a list would actually make this more confusing in this case.
Changes:
Added labels: wontfix
State: closed

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link
Author

Comment 2 by blindbhavya on 2014-10-02 07:09
Ok, I am not convinced yet.
So, when I get some time, I will try writing these steps in form of a list practically, if I feel that it is better, then will share it here, if not, then this ticket may continue to remain closed.

Sign up for free to join this conversation on GitHub. Already have an account? Sign in to comment
Projects
None yet
Development

No branches or pull requests

1 participant