Skip to content
New issue

Have a question about this project? Sign up for a free GitHub account to open an issue and contact its maintainers and the community.

By clicking “Sign up for GitHub”, you agree to our terms of service and privacy statement. We’ll occasionally send you account related emails.

Already on GitHub? Sign in to your account

improvement in 3.2.2. Create Desktop Shortcut (ctrl+alt+n) documentation #4517

Closed
nvaccessAuto opened this issue Oct 1, 2014 · 6 comments
Closed

Comments

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link

Reported by blindbhavya on 2014-10-01 12:36
Following is a suggestion for the 3.2.2. Create Desktop Shortcut (ctrl+alt+n) section in the User Guide.
'This shortcut if created will'
I am quite sure that this is incorrect English. Please correct this.
I hope I was clear enough.

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link
Author

Comment 1 by jteh on 2014-10-02 06:39
Actually, it's not grammatically incorrect, though I agree it's a bit awkward. The "If created" would probably be better at the start of the sentence.

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link
Author

Comment 2 by blindbhavya on 2014-10-02 07:06
Hi.
IF you say it isn't grammatically incorrect then okay, but could you make the necessary changes by fixing this ticket?

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link
Author

Comment 3 by netblue (in reply to comment 1) on 2014-10-02 13:56
Replying to jteh:

Actually, it's not grammatically incorrect, though I agree it's a bit awkward. The "If created" would probably be better at the start of the sentence.

Please lets consentrate on making NVDA work better whitch is far mor important than Inglish teknicalities.

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link
Author

Comment 4 by blindbhavya on 2014-10-02 14:27
Hi.
I do agree that NVDA core development is more important than documentation improvements, but does that mean that the trivial bugs should never be addressed? I am only suggesting things which I feel are potential improvements.
As I have said in another ticket, I am not urging the developers to immediately fix all the (valid only) documentation issues. I am asking them to do it as and when they get some spare time.
These bugs are trivial, and along with trivial I think quite easy to fix.
All that said, I am not arguing here or bashing you or anything of that sort, just trying to make my point, sorry if word choice was wrong.

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link
Author

Comment 5 by James Teh <jamie@... on 2014-10-08 05:25
In [986953b]:

User Guide: Linguistic fixes/tweaks.

Fixes #4502, #4503, #4515, #4517, #4523, #4524, #4526.

Changes:
State: closed

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link
Author

Comment 6 by jteh on 2014-10-08 05:25
Changes:
Milestone changed from None to 2014.4

Sign up for free to join this conversation on GitHub. Already have an account? Sign in to comment
Projects
None yet
Development

No branches or pull requests

1 participant