Skip to content
New issue

Have a question about this project? Sign up for a free GitHub account to open an issue and contact its maintainers and the community.

By clicking “Sign up for GitHub”, you agree to our terms of service and privacy statement. We’ll occasionally send you account related emails.

Already on GitHub? Sign in to your account

Accessing Webformator #452

Closed
nvaccessAuto opened this issue Jan 1, 2010 · 6 comments
Closed

Accessing Webformator #452

nvaccessAuto opened this issue Jan 1, 2010 · 6 comments
Milestone

Comments

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link

Reported by menschomat on 2009-11-02 11:52
Before NVDA I used Blindows as my prefered screenreader. Blindows needs a tool like Webbie to accessing Internet Explorer, and it is called Webformator. It is available for free:
http://www.webformator.de/englisch/index.php
When I start the Internet Explorer, Webformator is started as an IE helper and NVDA begins to read the complete Webformator screen. Unfortunately NVDA stop reading when I navigate by cursor or tab key.
If it is no matter to solve this problem I ask you to build in the access for Webformator.

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link
Author

Attachment webformator.patch added by pvagner on 2009-11-02 18:05
Description:
A patch showing webformator window responding to RichEdit control like messages

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link
Author

Comment 1 by pvagner on 2009-11-02 16:14
I have found out webformator window reacts to edit control like messages. If I am trying it with the patch I've attached I can use arrow keys to navigate webformator window. However line breaks are wrong and I am unable to find where it fails.
I will perhaps look more into it later.
Has anyone an idea?

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link
Author

Comment 2 by pvagner on 2009-11-02 17:09
Okay, I have found webformator window gives incorrect line offsets.
It does not handle empty lines properly.
For example:
The first line has text
"first" indexed from 0 through 4. Then there is a new line character indexed 5. Then there is another new line character indexed 6. And finally there is a text "third" indexed 7 through 11. Now let's send a EM_LINEFROMCHAR message into this control. While giving offsets 0 through 5 it's all fine, control gives back number 0. When offset equals to 6 is given it returns 1 - stil it's fine. When offsets 7 through 11 are given to the EM_LINEFROMCHAR message it returns back 1. And this is wrong unfortunatelly these characters represent third line. While indexing starting at 0 it should be 2.
Is anyone here up for the task to workaround this?

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link
Author

Comment 3 by pvagner on 2009-11-02 18:07
I've found webformator window also responds to RichEdit like window messages and that's working correctly. Is there something else missing to make webformator useable with NVDA? The patch is updated accordingly.

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link
Author

Comment 4 by jteh on 2009-11-02 22:54
This should not block the next release, but we'll certainly take the fix if it is confirmed to work.
Changes:
Milestone changed from 2009.2 to None

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link
Author

Comment 6 by pvagner on 2009-12-04 10:05
committed in r3410
Changes:
Milestone changed from None to 2010.1
State: closed

@nvaccessAuto nvaccessAuto added this to the 2010.1 milestone Nov 10, 2015
Sign up for free to join this conversation on GitHub. Already have an account? Sign in to comment
Projects
None yet
Development

No branches or pull requests

1 participant