Skip to content
New issue

Have a question about this project? Sign up for a free GitHub account to open an issue and contact its maintainers and the community.

By clicking “Sign up for GitHub”, you agree to our terms of service and privacy statement. We’ll occasionally send you account related emails.

Already on GitHub? Sign in to your account

in outlook 2010 when I hit CTRL+R, I hear "Right alined" #4570

Open
nvaccessAuto opened this issue Oct 23, 2014 · 3 comments
Open

in outlook 2010 when I hit CTRL+R, I hear "Right alined" #4570

nvaccessAuto opened this issue Oct 23, 2014 · 3 comments

Comments

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link

Reported by csm120 on 2014-10-23 12:44
When I'm in Outlook, and I reply to a message, I hear, "Right alined". Other commands give similar results, like CTRL+E will say centered for example.

@ehollig
Copy link
Collaborator

ehollig commented Aug 3, 2017

Using Outlook 2016, focusing or reading a message and pressing CTRL+R, CTRL+E, CTRL+L, etc. NVDA says "Left aligned". This is not a trivial issue, but I wanted to update it with my results.

@LeonarddeR
Copy link
Collaborator

I can also reproduce this with UIA enabled in Outlook 2016.

@Adriani90
Copy link
Collaborator

I can reproduce it now with NVDA alpha-17611,7b2861fc and both Outlook 2010 and Outlook 365. In my case, NVDA reports left aligned. I think Outlook expoeses the information via UIA or the accessibility API even when reading messages. If the text in the message is centered, NVDA will report that instead. The same for right aligned.
I think it will be really hard to filter out this reporting for reading messages. Ideally Microsoft should change the behavior in such a way that Outlook exposes this information only when composing, forwarding or replying to emails.

Sign up for free to join this conversation on GitHub. Already have an account? Sign in to comment
Projects
None yet
Development

No branches or pull requests

5 participants