Skip to content
New issue

Have a question about this project? Sign up for a free GitHub account to open an issue and contact its maintainers and the community.

By clicking “Sign up for GitHub”, you agree to our terms of service and privacy statement. We’ll occasionally send you account related emails.

Already on GitHub? Sign in to your account

Difficult to open attachments in Outlook. #4571

Closed
nvaccessAuto opened this issue Oct 23, 2014 · 6 comments
Closed

Difficult to open attachments in Outlook. #4571

nvaccessAuto opened this issue Oct 23, 2014 · 6 comments

Comments

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link

Reported by csm120 on 2014-10-23 12:47
When I try and open attachments in outlook, I need to select it first using typical selection commands then move the mouse to the focus and do a left click. I would like to be able to arrow to the attachment and hit enter.

@ehollig
Copy link
Collaborator

ehollig commented Aug 22, 2017

@csm120, is this still the case? What version of Outlook is being used

@fernando-jose-silva
Copy link

I have a problem with outlook 2013 to open excel documents, right after putting the arrow on the file the nvda pronounces something like viewer's outlook and I can not open the file with enter.

@Adriani90
Copy link
Collaborator

This is because Outlook displays the live preview of the file. Please disable the coresponding option in Outlook itself, then you can use arrow keys to navigate through the attachments and you can use enter to open them.

@Adriani90
Copy link
Collaborator

I suggest to close this issue because it is actually not an issue. NVDA moves the focus on the live preview window but it does not read the content. For that there is another issue. If you have questions on how to disable the live preview in Outlook, please do not hesitate to ask for help on the users maillist on
https://nvda.groups.io/g/nvda

@Adriani90
Copy link
Collaborator

@ehollig what do you think?

@ehollig
Copy link
Collaborator

ehollig commented Jan 6, 2019

Closing as requested, and because we have not heard from the original author since the creation of this issue.

@ehollig ehollig closed this as completed Jan 6, 2019
Sign up for free to join this conversation on GitHub. Already have an account? Sign in to comment
Projects
None yet
Development

No branches or pull requests

5 participants