Skip to content
New issue

Have a question about this project? Sign up for a free GitHub account to open an issue and contact its maintainers and the community.

By clicking “Sign up for GitHub”, you agree to our terms of service and privacy statement. We’ll occasionally send you account related emails.

Already on GitHub? Sign in to your account

FS Focus Braille display skips soft line breaks when read by paragraph is unchecked #4581

Closed
nvaccessAuto opened this issue Oct 27, 2014 · 10 comments
Labels
Abandoned requested reports or updates are missing since more than 1 year, author or users are not available. bug close/worksforme component/braille

Comments

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link

Reported by Sukil on 2014-10-27 20:51
I don't know if it's specific to this display, but I noticed this in MS word 2007.
STR:

• Example text:
    Whereas recognition of the inherent dignity and of the equal and inalienable rights of all members of the human family is the foundation of freedom, justice and peace in the world
    This is anotherline
  • Paste this in word.
  • Go to the top of the document and navigate right using the braille display.
    Result: The Braille display will skip the second line.
@nvaccessAuto
Copy link
Author

Comment 1 by driemer.riemer@... on 2014-10-28 05:30
Yep. I get this bug in word as well. Any sufficiently long text does this.

@Adriani90
Copy link
Collaborator

Adriani90 commented Jan 4, 2019

cc: @LeonarddeR, @bramd, @dkager

@Adriani90
Copy link
Collaborator

@david-acm coul you please test if this issue is still reproducible with focus braille display?

@Adriani90
Copy link
Collaborator

Adriani90 commented Jun 1, 2019

If possible test with last NVDA Alpha.

@Adriani90
Copy link
Collaborator

@ivnc could you please try to test if this issue is still reproducible on focus blue? Thanks.

@Adriani90 Adriani90 added the Abandoned requested reports or updates are missing since more than 1 year, author or users are not available. label Jun 11, 2019
@Adriani90
Copy link
Collaborator

We do not have any reaction from initial author and other braille display users regarding this issue since years. I am closing this issue as abandoned. Please feel free to comment on it with test results if you think this issue still occurs. Thanks.

@ivnc
Copy link

ivnc commented Jun 11, 2019 via email

@ivnc
Copy link

ivnc commented Jun 15, 2019

Can't reproduce here, both with UIA for Word enabled and disabled. Could be @sukiletxe the original reporter? If so, please test again and update the issue with your results.
Testing environment: NVDA 2019.2Beta1 with Focus 40 Blue 5th Generation (firmware 5.81-40) and Office 2019 (16.0.11629.20238) 64 bits on Windows 10 1803 (build 17134.765).

Regards.

@bdorer
Copy link
Sponsor

bdorer commented Jun 24, 2019 via email

@ivnc
Copy link

ivnc commented Jun 29, 2019

@ivnc did you test this? If you are able to reproduce please ask to reopen this.

Yes, with negative results. See my previous comment above.
@sukiletxe, have you got any results?

Regards.

Sign up for free to join this conversation on GitHub. Already have an account? Sign in to comment
Labels
Abandoned requested reports or updates are missing since more than 1 year, author or users are not available. bug close/worksforme component/braille
Projects
None yet
Development

No branches or pull requests

5 participants