Skip to content
New issue

Have a question about this project? Sign up for a free GitHub account to open an issue and contact its maintainers and the community.

By clicking “Sign up for GitHub”, you agree to our terms of service and privacy statement. We’ll occasionally send you account related emails.

Already on GitHub? Sign in to your account

Repetitive unknown announcement in the list in the Applications page of Firefox Options #4608

Closed
nvaccessAuto opened this issue Nov 7, 2014 · 6 comments

Comments

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link

Reported by blindbhavya on 2014-11-07 14:23
I am using Firefox latest stable.
Steps to reproduce
GO into Tools menu > Options
Press down arrow to select the Applications category.
Tab twice till you reach a combo box.
Now press down arrow.
Expected: NVDA should act normally, as it does with other combo boxes, or as it behaves generally.
Actual: NVDA will say options dialog unknown options dialog unknown and then read the item gaining focus.
Very weird.

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link
Author

Comment 1 by jteh on 2014-11-10 10:44
Just to clarify, do you mean the list, not the combo box? I don't see the problem with the combo box, but I definitely see it with the list of types.

I'm pretty sure this is due to MozillaBug:786508.

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link
Author

Comment 2 by jteh on 2014-11-10 10:44
Changes:
Changed title from "repetitive unknown announcement in a Firefox menu" to "Repetitive unknown announcement in the list in the Applications page of Firefox Options"

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link
Author

Comment 3 by blindbhavya on 2014-11-10 12:17
I guess it must be the list box, I mean the control after the search edit box.

@ehollig
Copy link
Collaborator

ehollig commented Sep 2, 2017

@bhavyashah, are you still able to reproduce this? When I go to options > applications > the list view, I do not get any indication of unknown using Firefox 55 and latest Master of NVDA. @jcsteh, do you still believe this depends on MozillaBug:786508

@bhavyashah
Copy link

Using Firefox 55.0.3 with NVDA 2017.3, I can no longer reproduce this issue. Feel free to close. @ehollig

@ehollig
Copy link
Collaborator

ehollig commented Sep 2, 2017

Closing as requested in #4608 (comment). If this is still an issue, we can reopen it.

Sign up for free to join this conversation on GitHub. Already have an account? Sign in to comment
Projects
None yet
Development

No branches or pull requests

3 participants