Skip to content
New issue

Have a question about this project? Sign up for a free GitHub account to open an issue and contact its maintainers and the community.

By clicking “Sign up for GitHub”, you agree to our terms of service and privacy statement. We’ll occasionally send you account related emails.

Already on GitHub? Sign in to your account

Word Column header reading issue. #4616

Open
nvaccessAuto opened this issue Nov 11, 2014 · 5 comments
Open

Word Column header reading issue. #4616

nvaccessAuto opened this issue Nov 11, 2014 · 5 comments

Comments

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link

Reported by vgjh2005 on 2014-11-11 15:06
Hi:
I've recieved a file that set the first column that there are two big cells merged by two small cells to be the column header. NVDA cannot read the correct header in the forth column the second line. Please open this file, then switch to the second line by pressing ctrl + alt +down arror, then press control + alt + right arror to jump to the forth cell.

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link
Author

nvaccessAuto commented Nov 11, 2014

Attachment sample for office word.docx added by vgjh2005 on 2014-11-11 15:07
Description:
Update:
File added from Trac
sample for office word.docx.zip

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link
Author

Comment 2 by mdcurran on 2014-11-19 07:03
NVDA throws exceptions when trying to get the headers for the 4th cell on the row, but the more important issue is actually that the headers for cells 2 and 3 are also wrong.
Technical:
MS Word changes the numbering of its cells based on merges, and as far as I can see, does not expose column span information.
So in this example, according to MS Word's object model, on row 1, the first two cells have been merged to form one cell (column 1). Therefore column 3 has now become column 2, which is not right as far as NVDA's header calculations go.
The exceptions at column 4 is simply that the above row only contains 3 columns now, not 4.
I will investigate this further.

@LeonarddeR
Copy link
Collaborator

@dkager: Looks this is the issue we were talking about privately. Possibly related to #6233

@dkager
Copy link
Collaborator

dkager commented Jun 17, 2018

I wonder what exactly the issue is. Is it misreading colspans as in #6233 or is it also that you get exceptions?

@Adriani90
Copy link
Collaborator

@dkager I am testing with NVDA 2019.1.1 in Word 2016 / 365, UIA is disabled. NVDA missreads the column headers. In column 3, NVDA reads the header for column 4 through 5 and in column 2 it reads the header for column 3.

@michaelDCurran it seems enabling UIA solves this issue.

Sign up for free to join this conversation on GitHub. Already have an account? Sign in to comment
Projects
None yet
Development

No branches or pull requests

5 participants