Skip to content
New issue

Have a question about this project? Sign up for a free GitHub account to open an issue and contact its maintainers and the community.

By clicking “Sign up for GitHub”, you agree to our terms of service and privacy statement. We’ll occasionally send you account related emails.

Already on GitHub? Sign in to your account

Screen reader flag not set when nvda starts on the logon screen and with windows #462

Closed
nvaccessAuto opened this issue Jan 1, 2010 · 4 comments
Assignees
Milestone

Comments

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link

Reported by oaron on 2009-11-06 17:54
The Screen Reader Flag is not set if NVDA is set to start at the LogOn screen, and starts after an user has logged in.

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link
Author

Comment 1 by jteh on 2009-11-09 00:12
We always set the screen reader flag on startup and clear it on exit. The problem is that it seems the screen reader flag is global; i.e. it is not specific to a desktop. This means that when NVDA exits on the secure desktop and clears the screen reader flag, it remains cleared for the default desktop as well. I guess the best solution is to not manipulate the screen reader flag on the secure desktop.

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link
Author

Comment 2 by jteh on 2009-11-11 03:44
Another option is to keep resetting the screen reader flag every now and then; e.g. when the foreground object changes. The problem with this approach is that when you exit a secure desktop, the secure desktop copy of NVDA exits a tiny bit after the foreground change, so the screen reader flag is still disabled until the next foreground change.

It's worth noting that Narrator doesn't set the screen reader flag. I'm still tempted to say that we should just not mess with the screen reader flag on the secure desktop.

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link
Author

Comment 3 by pvagner on 2009-11-11 06:34
The problem is some apps are just checking for screen-reader presence this way.
E.G. skype is doing it and perhaps acrobat reader too.
What about the approach we are not going to manipulate screen reader flag on the secure screens?

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link
Author

Comment 4 by jteh on 2009-11-13 03:02
Fixed in r3369.
Changes:
State: closed

Sign up for free to join this conversation on GitHub. Already have an account? Sign in to comment
Projects
None yet
Development

No branches or pull requests

2 participants