Skip to content
New issue

Have a question about this project? Sign up for a free GitHub account to open an issue and contact its maintainers and the community.

By clicking “Sign up for GitHub”, you agree to our terms of service and privacy statement. We’ll occasionally send you account related emails.

Already on GitHub? Sign in to your account

Ability to optionally hear typed characters in a password protected feald #4624

Closed
nvaccessAuto opened this issue Nov 14, 2014 · 5 comments
Closed

Comments

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link

Reported by Agent Golder on 2014-11-14 13:05
Would be usefull a setting to be implemented, like the Symbian screen readers have it already.
A check box in some NVDA's dialog for example.

@nvaccessAuto
Copy link
Author

Comment 1 by norrumar on 2015-06-19 15:57
I think this option can be useful to ensure that a typed password is right. Sighted people can't see this, but they can look at the keyboard and listening is less permanent that a writen text on the screen or on a braille display, so the risk is minor and it can be just optional.
I have tried to implement this on t4624 branch at
https://bitbucket.org/nvdaaddonteam/nvda
Thanks.

@ehollig
Copy link
Collaborator

ehollig commented Aug 15, 2017

Marking this as feature.

@ruifontes
Copy link
Contributor

ruifontes commented Aug 15, 2017 via email

@ehollig
Copy link
Collaborator

ehollig commented Aug 15, 2017

For reference, here is the Speak Passwords addon

@Adriani90
Copy link
Collaborator

I am closing this as won't fix. Sighted people are also not seeing the letters on the screen in proper password fields and in an corporate environment whis feature would raise serious security questions. There is an addon for who ever wants to have this feature though.
If you have other arguments, please comment on it and we could reopen the discussion if needed.

Sign up for free to join this conversation on GitHub. Already have an account? Sign in to comment
Projects
None yet
Development

No branches or pull requests

4 participants